🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment
Page options
juliusebisa
Community Member

Payment

Hi, I need help. My client send me payment via bonus last weekend. However, I am unable to find it in my earnings. Its says here zero earnings and no notification recieve.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Julius E wrote:

Yes there was, the progress I noticed was the contract is now activated from suspension. Should I asked him to send me a bonus? If he failed before did the payment he sent is used to activate the suspension?

OK, now we're getting somewhere 🙂

Your client failed to pay Upwork for your hours and Upwork reversed some or all of the money because you did not log your time correctly / did not qualify for protection.

The client then came back and paid Upwork what he owed them (which did NOT include what Upwork had already deducted from you) - so yes, the client did pay Upwork what he owed THEM, now he needs to pay you what he owes YOU.

Does that makes sense? You might want to show your client a copy of the mail you got informing you of the reversed money so the client can issue a bonus.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Julius E wrote:

Hi, I need help. My client send me payment via bonus last weekend. However, I am unable to find it in my earnings. Its says here zero earnings and no notification recieve.

Go to your Reports Overview

Take a look at the Pending Tab, specifically the left hand column - is there a date?

left hand column.png

Being paid via bonus (rather than via a properly tracked hourly contract or a funded milestone) is risky because if the client does not pay Upwork, you never see any of that "bonus" money.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

Thanks for responding. I clicked on the Pending tab and it says You have no pending payments. 

Julius E wrote:

Thanks for responding. I clicked on the Pending tab and it says You have no pending payments. 

Then what makes you think your client paid you as a bonus? (unless you have already withdrawn it?) It wasn't $ 6.77, was it?

No, cause he told me that he paid upwork last Saturday July 27. There was nothing to withdraw thats why I'm checking if he really sent me one. 

Julius E wrote:

No, cause he told me that he paid upwork last Saturday July 27. There was nothing to withdraw thats why I'm checking if he really sent me one. 

Why would he pay Upwork rather than send bonus to you? Did that client have a failed charge previously or something along those lines?

Essentially, if it does not appear in any of your Reports tabs or your transaction history, the client never paid you a bonus.

Yes there was, the progress I noticed was the contract is now activated from suspension. Should I asked him to send me a bonus? If he failed before did the payment he sent is used to activate the suspension?

Julius E wrote:

OK, now we're getting somewhere 🙂

Your client failed to pay Upwork for your hours and Upwork reversed some or all of the money because you did not log your time correctly / did not qualify for protection.

The client then came back and paid Upwork what he owed them (which did NOT include what Upwork had already deducted from you) - so yes, the client did pay Upwork what he owed THEM, now he needs to pay you what he owes YOU.

Does that makes sense? You might want to show your client a copy of the mail you got informing you of the reversed money so the client can issue a bonus.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members