🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment
Page options
bozek_petra
Community Member

Payment

I had a job and finished it successfully. I should be paid according to hours I've been working. My client ended the contract before he released the payment so it looks like I won't get paid. That was a couple of days ago and when I go to my transaction history it says "no transactions". Do you know if I'm going to be paid?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Petra B wrote:
I had a job and finished it successfully. I should be paid according to hours I've been working. My client ended the contract before he released the payment so it looks like I won't get paid. That was a couple of days ago and when I go to my transaction history it says "no transactions". Do you know if I'm going to be paid?

So it was an hourly contract? If so, there is no such thing as "releasing the payment"  If you didn't make a serious mistake on an hourly contract, you get paid automatically.

Did you track your hours with the Upwork tracking app?

Go to your Reports Overview page. 

There are little question mark symbols, if you click on them they explain what everything means.

There is also a link towards the right that links to extensive articles how payments work.

Do you see the sum you have earned anywhere?

Here is an overview:

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

You asked the same question last week, and it's really odd that someone with hundreds of hours worked on hourly contracts doesn't know how they are paid.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Petra B wrote:

So it was an hourly contract? If so, there is no such thing as "releasing the payment"  If you didn't make a serious mistake on an hourly contract, you get paid automatically.

Did you track your hours with the Upwork tracking app?

Go to your Reports Overview page. 

There are little question mark symbols, if you click on them they explain what everything means.

There is also a link towards the right that links to extensive articles how payments work.

Do you see the sum you have earned anywhere?

Here is an overview:

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

You asked the same question last week, and it's really odd that someone with hundreds of hours worked on hourly contracts doesn't know how they are paid.

Thanks. That was an hourly contract and I tracked the hours. I've been working on a couple of hourly contracts and this has never happened before. I was always able to see the day when I will get paid on "transaction history".

Petra B wrote:
Thanks. That was an hourly contract and I tracked the hours. I've been working on a couple of hourly contracts and this has never happened before. I was always able to see the day when I will get paid on "transaction history".

I never look at the transaction history. Look at the Reports Overview, but you can't see the date until the hours are in Pending anyway.

Thank you, I appreciate it.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members