🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment
Page options
bryan_wade
Community Member

Payment

Hello, I have a payment that is in the review slot. What has to happen next in order for me to get paid? I have tried reading the how to get paid section of support but did not see an answer for myself.
3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bryan,

You can check your In Review tab in order to confirm the status of your payments. Timesheet for last week is available for the client's review this week and the payment will be released to you on Wednesday next week. You can find more information about how that works here

Once funds become available in your account balance,  you'll be able to withdraw the available funds from your Upwork account to your payment method by using the Get Paid Now button under the Available tab or by going to your Settings> Get Paid and click Get Paid Now. 

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm sorry, I still don't understand. I'm including some screenshots of what I'm seeing. My question is do I need to do anything further? Do I need to finish the contract? Is the next step up to the client? I did not have an original payment method set up whenever I did this contract so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it either. Any help is appreciated.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bryan, 

Your earnings on Upwork are processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle.

If you logged your time last week using the Upwork Desktop App (it will show as "Work in Progress" on your Overview page - Reports > Overview), making sure that you provided appropriate memos on your logged time, your client will be automatically billed this week (21-April, Monday), and has up to Friday (24-April) to review the hours you logged last 14-20 April (this will show in "In Review" tab of your Overview page).

If your client doesn't dispute any of the hours you logged, the payment for the hours logged will go to a 5-day security period starting Friday of this week (24-April). If there are no issues, the payment will be processed and will be available to your account on Wednesday next week, 29-April.

As long as you log time on an hourly contract, the process is automatic. Once the money is available in your account, you can withdraw it at any time. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths