🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment
Page options
soc_dela_cruz
Community Member

Payment

I have a question on my transaction history. I would like to know why my balance shows US$ 1.60 from client's payment of US$ 24.00.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Soc,

The funds you're referring to are currently under the In Review tab. Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

Edited to add the correct information. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
petra_r
Community Member

Soc D wrote:

I have a question on my transaction history. I would like to know why my balance shows US$ 1.60 from client's payment of US$ 24.00.

You probably logged different hours over the course of more than one work week, and/or bough connects.

Take a look at your Reports Overview, where you may find the missing money in one or more of the tabs

Hi Petra,

The client disabled the manual timer after registering 4 hours (@ US$ 6/hour). Because, he said, that is only his budget. I worked more than 4 hours but did not insist anymore. Why is the funds under pending? Why is it not released to me for collection? 

Soc D wrote:

The client disabled the manual timer after registering 4 hours Why is the funds under pending? 

You have to be careful with manual time, as there is no protection for it!

Soc D wrote:

Why is the funds under pending? Why is it not released to me for collection? 

You really need to familarize yourself with your reports overview page and the weekly billing cycle.

BillingCycle

The reason why there can never be any money from an hourly contract in Pending on a Friday is because this current week's hours are still "in progress" on a Friday, last week's hours would still be "under review" on a Friday and the previous weeks hours will have been paid on Wednesday.

So there can never be any hourly funds under the "Pending" tab on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday (UTC)

Thanks Petra for the detailed explanation. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Soc,

The funds you're referring to are currently under the In Review tab. Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

Edited to add the correct information. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

The funds you're referring to are currently under the Pending tab.

On a Friday there can't ever be any hourly funds under "Pending" 😉

How can i collect?

Hi Soc, 

Once your funds become available, you can withdraw it by going to settings> get paid then clicking on the get paid button. For more information, please check out this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

But the available balance is only US$ 1.60. I was expecting to receive the client's payment of US$ 24. How come? I have not confirmed the payment because i am afraid i will not receive the US$ 24. I hope you can clarify and explain the amount.

Thanks.

Hi Soc, 

The $1.60 you have available was the remaining balance after you purchased connects from the previously available balance you had. The $24 you mentioned, is currently pending and will be available to you on September 16. You can check this by going to reports> transaction history. I would recommend that you please also check out the link about the weekly billing cycle that Bojan shared for more information on how you get paid for hourly contracts. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Petra,

May i ask what this means? "On a Friday there can't ever be any hourly funds under "Pending" 

Thanks.

Thanks Bojan.

I will monitor as you explained. 

Thanks Bojan, you are correct. I received the payment.

99f2d58b
Community Member

there you were played by the client for not all the clients have the capability of being honest to his/her freelancer.

ekk
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members