🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment
Page options
dmoricin24
Community Member

Payment

Hello,

Can someone please explain the process of receiving payments on here? 

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dominique,

Once funds become available in your account balance, you'll be able to withdraw the available funds from your Upwork account to your payment method by using the Get Paid Now button under the Available tab or by going to your Settings> Get Paid and click Get Paid Now. 

To see which payment methods are available to you, please log into your account, click on “Settings,” then “Get Paid,” and choose “Add Method.” All of your options will be listed there.

Please make sure to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Okay so for a project I was supossed to receive a certain amount of money but I only received 23 cents and I chose to receive my payments weekly. Is that normally?  Thanks 🙂 

Hi Dominique,

I checked your transaction history, and I can see that you have an available $4.00 balance; however, you have not completed your W9 Form yet. All freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form. To provide Upwork with your Form W-9, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings  Tax Information
  2. Provide us with your:
    • Legal Name – Your own name, or your business name if you're filing as a company entity
    • Address – Where Upwork will mail your Form 1099-K or other tax forms, if necessary
    • Filing Status – Type of IRS tax filing you will use for earnings
    • Taxpayer Identification Number – TIN type and # you will use for your IRS tax filing

Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members