🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment
Page options
reyessandra
Community Member

Payment

Is there anyone here scheduled to withdraw their hourly contract today? Payment is not available yet on my end.

83 REPLIES 83
canlas_06
Community Member

Same here, still in review

First you need to wait for the week to end (until next Monday) if your project was completed for example this week. Then you have to wait a week until its being reviewed. THEN you wait untill its processed form "pending". About 2 weeks wait time before the money is available from hourly work for withdrawals. 

Not for top-rated/top-rated plus, though. This is the day/timeframe when our payments usually become available. The normal security period is waived for TR/TRP.

To that person attempting to mansplain things: you really shouldn’t be replying if you don’t know the context instead of assuming you know better.

We people who’ve replied here are Top Rated Plus contractors and get to withdraw the following Friday. It’s been that way since a year ago.

100%, JP!  Good to see you again!

sashkomicov
Community Member

Same here, still in review

mine is the same as well

jpbl1976
Community Member

Same here. One of my contracts has been credited but the others have not.

This exact same thing happened a few months ago. I thought they'd fixed whatever it was that caused it last time but I guess not. 

I remember that incident in early July. Really stressful.

Yes, same here last July. Thanks for answering. 

I remember what happened then was it became available in the morning US Eastern so if that happens, depending on your bank, your transfer will likely get to you next week. Friday is such an critical day because it means you can get your money by the weekend.

It seems like an Ops and Treasury problem. I have volunteered to help them for free regarding this but they’ve never taken me up on it.

I'm waiting for the usual reply:

Usually, payment is procesed in xx days. If payment hasn't been processed after xx days, you can contact support.

Hi! I've been having the same issue. Did it eventually become available and were you able to withdraw the same day?

Also having the same issues so doub't it has anything to do with credit cards.

Not yet. I am with their customer support now. It seems they don't know this issue.

Thanks for contacting them. They can connect with whoever runs their UpworkHelp Twitter account... 

I just checked my Upwork email folder - that payment was finally available after 1:30 a.m. Pacific Time. Hoping to get more sleep tonight than I did that night...

Glad to know, but not on my end yet. Contacting customer support now.

This is becoming a problem. Upwork has been having issues especially when it comes to payouts. Really starting to have second thoughts. Is our money safe anymore??
coryemberson
Community Member

Same here. Top-rated plus.

It's now about 2 hours later than I usually see the funds move to "available".

Same here.  Still in review.

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
mymb
Community Member

Same here. It's late than the usual withdrawal time.

I've noticed that most of the weeks, they are having issues like this.

I've started noting the times - it's usually a different time for each client when it used to move to available right at 7 pm Pacific. Since the July incident, they've been separated by about 90 minutes or more... 

Same here - not available yet.... 

anthonycorpuz
Community Member

Getting Paid is still "Operational" in Upwork status, so they haven't seen the issue yet.

Last time (in July), the Upwork status didn't change from operational to an "active incident" until just before midnight Pacific time ... there had been a worldwide uproar for hours before that. 

Yes, that's why it will depend on how long the devs can spot the issue. As of now, no moderator have read the post. Upwork help is of no help on these circumstances, they just reply with canned message.

A top-rated FL just tweeted Upwork Help about 20 minutes ago. Twitter seems to get more immediate attention.

Hmmmm, again.  Last time I contacted support and they minimized the problem. But it was global as it is again. After the last time this really shouldn't be happening again.

A proactive approach would be much appreciated... it's not just the money, it's the uncertainty and the stress.

Yes. Here too, payments still in review. I hope they can resolve this issue soon 😞 

same here, still in grey, hope they will resolve this today

You can go to directly get paid URL: https://www.upwork.com/ab/payments/{someID}/disburse => you should check in your browser histories. Then you can get paid

AND Upwork shuld be proactive about this and send an email to everyone who receives early payouts....

There's now an "Active Incident" status, Upwork techs have noticed and are resolving the issue a lot faster than July incident. I'm supposed to work right now but couldn't because of stress and anxiety that I might miss all my bill payments and suffer consequences by paying additional interests. I just think this issue should not happen anymore after July.

rbramones
Community Member

So stressful 😞

devs/tech support please wake up! this is sooooooooooooo stressful!

al_hayes
Community Member

Top Rated Plus here.. Usually received from In review to Available hours ago but not come through yet. I'm relying on this.

From searching previous posts it seems like last time it happened in a big way was July and it was a technical issue that Upwork needed to resolve.

Can the moderators/admins please look into this quickly?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members