🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment
Page options
3376923b
Community Member

Payment

So, I would like some transparency. I always see that the rate offered to me when I collect my payment from Upwork is 2.5 INR lower than the current market rate. But, when Upwork deducts the money on the same date and same time for Connects from me, I am charged the current market rate. If the banks handle the exchange, they sure have to use the same rate, right? And how how with Wise, I always get the current market rate? Also, please allow a Wise payment option.

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Shweta,

Thank you for your message. I understand your point. The difference in exchange rates is not something Upwork can control. When a bank converts a transaction, they will mark up the interbank rate to buy or sell a currency. Online calculators will not take into consideration the mark up that is applied. Since rates constantly change throughout any given day, the rate you received is the rate offered by our bank at the time your specific transaction was processed. We are unable to comment on the charges or services provided by Wise. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members