cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

diogobarroso
Diogo B Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
1 of 6

I have provided a single translation service to a company three months ago and I have just been paid now, on the 3rd of July, according to their email. However, I can't find any reference to such payment on my Upwork account (I've checked all the respective tabs). This was my first task with Upwork, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something here or if the payment hasn't been processed. Could you help me with that? Thank you.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 6

Hi Diogo,

I just investigate this and i can see that you have just one pending offer and you were not hired on a official contract. Also i can see that no payment in a form of bonus was paid to you. To get paid you need to track your time on a hourly contracts, or submit your work on a milestone on a fixed price contracts. See this help articles how to get paid and how are you protected:

Hourly protection for Freelancers, Fixed Price protection fro Freelancers, Get paid for Hourly and Fixed price contracts.

~ Goran
Upwork
diogobarroso
Diogo B Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
3 of 6

Hi, Goran!

Thank you for your answer. This was a fixed price contract for a small budget (it was ideal to get started here). I thought that by accepting their offer through Upwork (which I thought I did), the job would be automatically assigned under the terms provided by the company and Upwork. Anyway, if I made a mistake, I've got messages received through Upwork where they say that the job has been completed and that the payment has been processed, which now I find odd. I'm saying this because the company in question seems to contract a lot of services on Upwork.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

@Diogo B wrote:

Hi, Goran!

Thank you for your answer. This was a fixed price contract for a small budget (it was ideal to get started here). I thought that by accepting their offer through Upwork (which I thought I did), the job would be automatically assigned under the terms provided by the company and Upwork. Anyway, if I made a mistake, I've got messages received through Upwork where they say that the job has been completed and that the payment has been processed, which now I find odd. I'm saying this because the company in question seems to contract a lot of services on Upwork.

OK, let's just take a step back.

Go to My Jobs / All Contracts making sure that the tickbox saying "All Contracts" is ticked.

Is the contract there? If so, click on it.

Tell us whether it was hourly, or fixed price, and what it says about "Agreed" and "Paid" if it was fixed price

Then go to Transaction History - see anything there?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

@Diogo B wrote:

I have provided a single translation service to a company three months ago and I have just been paid now, on the 3rd of July, according to their email.

According to whose email? Did you give that client any way to pay you outside of Upwork such as your PayPal acount?

Without a contract the client could not have paid you (or at least not on Upwork)

NEVER work without a proper, official contract being in place. If you haven't accepted an Upwork contract and there is no job showing under your "My Jobs" tab, you've not been hired and you should not do any work under any circumstances.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 6

Hi Diogo,

Send me a PM with the contract title or the name of the person your communicating with and i`ll have a second look on everything.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS