🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment
Page options
e44e3e5d
Community Member

Payment

Hello everyone. I hope y'all are having a nice day.

I am almost done with my project (fixed-price) a week ahead. My client is asking me to submit it now so that he can look through and see if there is anything I need to correct. What can I do in this case? The only submission I can make is for payment, do you suggest me to set milestones and send uncomplited work this way?  

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Aleksandre G wrote:

Hello everyone. I hope y'all are having a nice day.

I am almost done with my project (fixed-price) a week ahead. My client is asking me to submit it now so that he can look through and see if there is anything I need to correct.

You can send it in messages, can't you? 

Personally, I do not submit incomplete work. I submit when it is complete, otherwise it opens the door for to-and-from of the client rejecting the milestone and having to resubmit when the work is done.

prestonhunter
Community Member

When I begin any fixed-price contract, the first thing I do is create a shared server instance where I do all my work. Then I provide root credentials to the client. The client this has real time access to all of the work at all times.

Upwork DOES NOT require this.

But this works well for me. Clients can view or obtain the work at any point in the process. But the work I do is technical and clients typically don't want to look at it mid-process.

Aleksandre, if you think your client is simply being collaborative and not trying to undermine your work, I recommend you provide the files to him. Don't use the Submit Work button if you're not done. Use any tool you want to, including Upwork Messages. Or FTP. Dropbox. Email. WeTransfer. Etc.

Thank you so much for your help.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members