🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payments Delayed by 1 Week in Weekly Payout S...
Page options
palri
Community Member

Payments Delayed by 1 Week in Weekly Payout Schedule

Hi,

I have set my payment schedule as weekly (every Wednesday). According to the hourly payment regime, my payment becomes available every Wednesday (After a 5 day review period + 5 day security period). As per my understanding and expectation, this available payment should be credited to my bank account immediately as per the weekly schedule. Despite, this payment gets scheduled for next Wednesday, essentially delaying the payment for another week, making my payout time unreasonbaly 17 days!

Please check what's wrong and rectify.

Regards,

10 REPLIES 10
PradeepH

Hello Raghav,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your payment to your bank. It may take up to 4 business days for the payment to reach your bank account. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. You can refer to this Help article for more information. Feel free to message us if you do not receive funds within 8 days so that we can initiate payment tracing for you.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
palri
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your response. But that is not the case I've highlighted. It's not about delays due to processing times at banks. It is rather with the logic of assignment of available funds and auto-scheduling being on the same day, which is causing auto-scheduling to miss last week's payment which became available on the same day as scheduled payment.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Raghav,

To update your payment schedule you will simply need to go to Settings > Get Paid. I would also like to confirm that you can manually withdraw your funds at any time by clicking on the Get Paid button. If you have any additional questions, please share more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Raghav P wrote:

delaying the payment for another week, making my payout time unreasonbaly 17 days!

If the money is under "Available", why don't you simply withdraw it? It takes three mouseclicks? There is no need to wait another week. You can withdraw any available money at any time you like. Simply click on "Get Paid Now" on Reports > Available.

palri
Community Member

Yes you are right. That is what I've been doing. But what's the point of
setting auto-scheduling and approval on the same day i.e., Wednesday for it
misses the payment of the previous week.
petra_r
Community Member

Raghav P wrote:
Yes you are right. That is what I've been doing.

So when you claimed that you "had to wait" another week, that wasn't actually true, was it?

palri
Community Member

I don't know why you are being condescending. Would appreciate it if you can control that.

I waited for the first time to realise this is what was happening. Since then I've been manually initiating the payment which should not be the case.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raghav,

To follow up on Pradeep's post, can you please confirm if the withdrawal initiated on your account today was done automatically, as per your automatic payment schedule, or manually after not being prompted automatically?

~ Vladimir
Upwork
palri
Community Member

I did it manually as it did not trigger automatically. Automatic trigger
said it would process it on April 28.
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raghav,

Thanks for the follow-up. I see you've recently contacted Support and our team is already assisting you regarding your report. Please keep following up on your support ticket in order to ensure you're receiving all the updates. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths