🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payments from freelancer's to client's ac...
Page options
edichlena
Community Member

Payments from freelancer's to client's account

Hello, I have two accounts, the client account, and a freelancer account. I would like to ask, if it's possible for me to paythe the freelancer I hire from the existing balance that I have in my own freelance account? Otherwise, I have to pay a high Currency exchange rate for both, my income and my invoice.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Lena E wrote:

Hello, I have two accounts, the client account, and a freelancer account. I would like to ask, if it's possible for me to paythe the freelancer I hire from the existing balance that I have in my own freelance account? 

First of all, I hope you don't mean you have two seperate accounts, as that wouldn't be allowed. Your client and freelancer accounts have to be under your one account.

And no, you can't use funds in your freelancer balance to pay a freelancer on your client profile.

Exactly, as it is actually one account shouldn't it be super easy to move the funds from one place to another? Otherwise, it creates super high costs every time. I understand from your answer, this is not possible yet. But I think, this would make a huge advantage for everyone, so how can I ask Upwork to consider this idea?

Lena E wrote:

Exactly, as it is actually one account shouldn't it be super easy to move the funds from one place to another? 

It used to be possible many years ago, but that was stopped for regulatory and anti-money laundering reasons. 

So yes, it would be super easy as it used to exist, but it won't come back as it was stopped for legal reasons.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members