🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payoneer Inactive
Page options
nooruddinlakhani
Community Member

Payoneer Inactive

Hello, Upwork community,

Please help me with an issue, please.

I added the Payoneer payment method but it showing 'Inactive' in the 'Get Paid' section. Is the status going to change automatically, or is there a problem with an account? I'm not US Citizen, I live in Pakistan so I didn't fill Tax form.

Kind regards,

Nooruddin.Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 10.30.25 AM.pngScreenshot 2021-03-12 at 10.30.01 AM.png

19 REPLIES 19
petra_r
Community Member

Nooruddin L wrote:

Please help me with an issue, please.

I added the Payoneer payment method but it showing 'Inactive' in the 'Get Paid' section.

Withdrawal methods stay inactive for 3 days for security reasons

Nooruddin L wrote:

I'm not US Citizen, I live in Pakistan so I didn't fill Tax form.

You still have to fill in your tax info (W-8BEN). You can't withdraw until you have done so.

Thanks, Petra R for your quick response,

Can you please tell me that If I don't add a payment method or Inactive status, can I transfer payment from Escrow to my account?

Nooruddin L wrote:

Can you please tell me that If I don't add a payment method or Inactive status, can I transfer payment from Escrow to my account?

What do you mean? You have already added a withdrawal method and you must complete the W-8BEN. It isn't optional. Money can move from Escrow to your Upwork balance, but you can't withdraw it until the payment method becomes active and your tax info is completed.

ok, Petra R Thanks, last question,

Previously, I have added a local bank transfer payment method but when it was added, It was showing "Beneficiary name mismatch" so I just had to remove that, Do you have  idea what was means?  Beneficiary name mismatch?

Hi Nooruddin,

The message you're referring to means that your payment method wasn't verified. If you would like to use that option feel free to add it at any time and if any help is needed, feel free to reach out to us (Moderators) at any time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Nooruddin L wrote:

Do you have  idea what was means?  Beneficiary name mismatch?

"Beneficiary name mismatch" means that the name on the bank accout was not the same as the name on your Upwork account.

Petra R,

The name on the Bank Account is the same, I double-check. please can you help me out?

Nooruddin L wrote:

The name on the Bank Account is the same, I double-check. please can you help me out?

Upwork support can manually approve it, add it again and don't remove it again!

Petra,

Currently, I have added the Payoneer payment method which shows Inactive, Can I add multiple methods? or just one? please recommend 

Nooruddin L wrote:

Currently, I have added the Payoneer payment method which shows Inactive, Can I add multiple methods? or just one?

You can of course add multiple ones.

Petra R,

I have added the Local Bank Account payment method but it showing "Beneficiary name mismatch" as I said. Please can you suggest what should I do? Actually, when I add swift code, the branch was different, not mine the original branch, this could be the reason? Please help

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 1.48.13 PM.png

Hi Nooruddin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V,

I got an email from UpWork, saying "Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork".  Please**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nooruddin,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your payment method. Please refer to the information shared with you on your ticket Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V,

I have updated my Payoneer account with filling Tax form for Non-US citizen, now it showing "Active" and also showing this message

"For your security, please allow 3 days for this withdrawal method to become active." is it done now? Please guide

Hi Nooruddin,

I would like to confirm that this is by design. When you add a new payment method it can take up to 3 days for the verification to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Gorav V & Petra

I just wanna ask one more thing, I have just completed 1 milestone on Upwork, and the payment is transferred from Escrow to my Total Earnings but in the My Job section, Earnings available now showing $0.

Is it just because my payment method still in process of approval? Please guide me

Thanks.

Nooruddin L wrote:

I just wanna ask one more thing, I have just completed 1 milestone on Upwork, and the payment is transferred from Escrow to my Total Earnings but in the My Job section, Earnings available now showing $0.

Is it just because my payment method still in process of approval?

No, it is because there is the normal 5 day security period. Please familiarize yourself with your Reports Overview page...

There are little question marks you can click on to find out more and a link called When will I get paid?

Hi Gorav V & Petra

I just wanna ask one more thing, I have just completed 1 milestone on Upwork, and the payment is transferred from Escrow to my Total Earnings but in the My Job section, Earnings available now showing $0.

Is it just because my payment method still in process of approval? or in Transaction History, it is showing the amount Pending and takes 5 more days to release the payment? Please gude

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths