maxim_lenko

Payoneer card-to-card withdrawals problem

I have registered on Payoneer and indicated that I am an Upwork freelancer and recently got Payoneer debet card. But when I tried to send funds to other Payoneer account, II figured out that it just impossible because of some restrictions associated with that sort of account (assosiated with Upwork I suppose). This is a serious problem for me because I simply cannot using my Payoneer account for sending money. Does anyone have a solution or advise? Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Max,

You can have one Payoneer account associated with your Upwork account. If you wish to remove it an use another one, I suggest you contact Payoneer Customer Support.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you for your answer, Valeria. But I don't want to use different Payoneer accounts for Upwork, I am happy with the only one, I just wanted to send money to my partner's Payoneer account but if I get it right, it's impossible because my account is assosiated with Upwork or something like that and I don't have that option to send funds. In other words, Payoneer support tells me that I can't because my account type doesn't allow me to.

Thank you

Just to clarify, you are attempting to send funds from one Payoneer account to another one? In that case I suggest you continue communicating with Payoneer Support to resolve the issue as Upwork has no authority over such transactions.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Yes, I just wanted to have known whether Upwork might allow such operations or not because as I know, common Payoneer customers don't have such restrictions so I thought maybe there is some limits for Upwork members.

@Max L wrote:

Yes, I just wanted to have known whether Upwork might allow such operations or not because as I know, common Payoneer customers don't have such restrictions so I thought maybe there is some limits for Upwork members.

No, Peer to Peer transactions are not supported on cards that are issued for Upwork use.

In other words you can not send money from your Payoneer card to another Payoneer card, and this feature is by design. There is nothing Payoneer can do about it, and it is the case with every Upwork-linked Payoneer card. Unless this policy is changed (and I doubt it will be) it isn't allowed or possible.