🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payoneer closed my card
Page options
leonard777
Community Member

Payoneer closed my card

Payoneer closed my card today after I sent them all the documents I had corresponding with their demand which they all rejected

1. Government issued ID with address, and less than 12months old: - Really? What are the chances you have that? They refused my ID and my Passport
  2. Bills with name and address: Companies choose to design their bills the way they want. I sent my internet bill, they rejected, Electricity bill, they rejected. Water? We generate our own water. Many things are going digital with no physical bills. Commoooon!!!
  3. Rental contract. I sent my rental and they rejected that it was more than 12 months. So what do I do? Go rent a new house and send them the new contract? Or make a fake one to satisfy their disfunctional system?

And they have no support system at all, nor someone to talk to in search of solutions. They used to have a great support service before the wirecard thing happened.

How can a company have no support system in place and choose to serve a global market with all possible thinkable diversities? That's beyond my understanding. And this looks to me like signs of a failing company. People better take care how much money they keep there because there are writings on wall for those who choose to see.

So if there is anything Upwork can do to give us alternatives, it'll help a great deal. For now my only withdrawal option is the sloooow wire transfer,.. Paypal cannot receive funds in my country.

If any other freelancers affected by this make their voices heard, solutions can be reached fast.

Peace.

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Leonard,

I'm very sorry to hear what happened with your Payoneer card. Have you tried contacting their support on this page

I suggest that you take a look at other available payment methods on Upwork and choose the one that is the best fit for you. To learn more about how you can get paid, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Alek.

Thanks for your reply. I trust that you looked at the payoneer customer page you are talking about. You would know there is no option there to address my problem except their forum where people have already stated this same problem a couple of times but no help given

About the alternate payment methods on upwork, I have been on Upwork(Odesk) for over 10 years and I have a good view of the payment options landscape, and yes I checked again. And I say, as many people have asked in these forums, we need more payment options.

Thanks again

Hi Leonard,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our payment methods, I will share it with our product managers. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Payoneer Closed my card as well after submitting all the documents and they rejected them. We need other payment options if not another service provider. Thank you

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry to hear about your Payoneer card. Feel free to check out this help article to see all the available payment options on Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members