🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payoneer debit Master card for purchase conne...
Page options
shahrukh-rauf
Community Member

Payoneer debit Master card for purchase connects

Sir ,can i use payoneer Debit Master card for purchase connects?

please give me more detail. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Shahrukh, 

Unfortunately, Payoneer is not available as a billing method for Connects purchasing. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying connects please read this help articles. To see the options available to you, click here. Thank you.

Edited to add:

I apologize for the confusion. Payoneer card, in this case, can be used for Connects purchasing.

~ Bojan
Upwork
thomssi
Community Member

Why not, you are happy to send money to Payoneer but not they are not good enough to receive from them?  This is frankly rather ridiculous.

Right now that would be my only way of buying them as well.  I had just assumed that would work, if not and I run dry on connects then clearly my relationship with Upwork is over if there is no way I can actually bid for jobs.

BTW, I will be informing Payoneer about this as well if this is not fixed, see how amused they are given it most certainly is an accepted way of you paying freelancers.  Your info specifically states, and I quote "* Prepaid cards may also be used to purchase Connects.".   Payoneer is not a gift card, it is a prepaid one.  Explain.

Where I live Paypal is utterly useless, there is no way of getting actual cash out of it, I am certainly not opening another account of such a type for the sole reason of buying connects from Upwork.

BTW - noticed how many $$$ jobs there are for 5 USD these days, law of unintended consequences?

petra_r
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Unfortunately, Payoneer is not available as a billing method for Connects purchasing. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying connects please read this help articles.

This is wrong. Payoneer and similar prepaid cards can not be used as a billing method for clients to pay for their freelancers, but they CAN be used to pay for connects or membership and have always been allowed since memerships were first rolled out..

It even clearly states this on the very page you linked to...

payoneer allowed.jpg

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Simon and Petra,

I`m sorry about the confusion and would like to confirm that Petra is correct, Payoneer can be used for purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

That makes a lot more sense.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members