🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payoneer fees (via Upwork) 2019
Page options
yarik860
Community Member

Payoneer fees (via Upwork) 2019

I noticed, that if you sign up to Payoneer via Upwork Add Method, the fees differ from fees on Payoneer official site.

For instance, the activation of each card (via Upwork)=5$, via Payoneer=0$, annual maintenance via Upwork=36$, via Payoneer=30$ and so on.

I hope to specify,

1. It will be anyway (regardless your IP country registration)?

2. If I sign up via Upwork, annual maintenance, for second (Euro) card will be 36$, a third card 36$ (GBR) also 36$, total=108 if I use 3 cards simultaneously ??? I ask because in this fees says that 5$ activation for each card.

3. If I sign up to Payneer via another partner (where other fees and bonus 25$) and add this account via Upwork add method, after that I send money from Upwork to Payoneer, in this way, enrollment (from the side of Payoneer) is free or 1% ???

It is very difficult to contact Payoneer support for unregistered users, so any information appreciate

Thanks, I hope it will be useful for many peoples!

6 REPLIES 6
joywriter
Community Member

Hi Yaroslav!

Let me see if I can help!

1. It will be anyway (regardless your IP country registration)?

A: Yes, excatly. Fees will defer no matter what regardless of IP.  But Payoneer states that the fees on their official website are only general fees and they may vary per account, per card, per user.

2. If I sign up via Upwork, annual maintenance, for second (Euro) card will be 36$, a third card 36$ (GBR) also 36$, total=108 if I use 3 cards simultaneously ??? I ask because in this fees says that 5$ activation for each card.

A: The first card will be issued via Payonner through Upwork in USD. All additional cards will be issues per Payoneer and not Upwork. Payoneer will charge you fees for each card, yearly maintnance fees and so on. It will all depend on the cards they issue you.

3. If I sign up to Payneer via another partner (where other fees and bonus 25$) and add this account via Upwork add method, after that I send money from Upwork to Payoneer, in this way, enrollment (from the side of Payoneer) is free or 1% ???

A:  if you register for this new Payoneer account  using other partner for example (Another freelance website) then just add Upwork as one of the funding source. There are no fees to receive moeny from Upwork to your Payoneer account. The fees you will pay are the $2 per transaction that Upwork charges you, not Payoneer, when you send your money from your Upwork balance to your new Payoneer accoun.  $2 per transaction.

A way to avoid the $2 fee is by requesting an internatonal USA banking checking account through Payoneer. Then add that checking account to your Upwork account as a method to receive payment. Fees for that are $0 but take much longer to receive the funds. Up to 48 hours. As with the $2 fees method, you usually get the money within one hour.

Good luck! if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Best,

Hugo

Thanks!

2. The first card will be issued via Payonner through Upwork in USD. All additional cards will be issues per Payoneer and not Upwork. Payoneer will charge you fees for each card, yearly maintenance fees and so on. It will all depend on the cards they issue you.

In general sign up way, Payoneer takes 30$ per year for account service, a second and third card you can order for free (at least these are the conditions for my country)

Register in Payoneer through upwork I make an account Payoneer or just a card?

Hello, Upwork charges me 42 USD for me to transfer my money from upwork to payoneer. Why is that so? I thinks its a lot.

Hi Jerel,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm the date of withdrawal or invoice number when you were charged $42 for withdrawal from Upwork to Payoneer?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
xadib007
Community Member

I am going to withdraw from Upwork to Payoneer. I will then use Payoneer to directly send money to my local bank I will also use the Payoneer master card. Can you kindly let me know what is the best way for me to create the account. Directly from Upwork or directly from Payoneer or using a friends referral link! Thank you in advance.

vega2792
Community Member

Hello man, 

Could you please copy and paste the link where you found that info?. 

Thanks in advance. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths