Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payoneer

acosta_sosa_roxa
Ace Contributor
Roxana A Member Since: Jul 22, 2016
1 of 6

Hello,

Can a client pay through Paypal if I use Payoneer or should I have Paypal too for receive the payment?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 6

Roxana:

How a client pays and how a client receives money have no connection to each other.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 6

If a client pays Upwork using PayPal, and if you withdraw funds from Upwork using Payoneer, that is totally fine.

You do not need to have a PayPal account to withdraw funds received from working for any client.

As a contractor, you do not receive money from a client.

A contractor receives money from Upwork.

How did that money get to Upwork? Who cares. It has nothing to do with you. Perhaps a client brought in a dozen chickens to Upwork's offices and Upwork allowed those chickens to lay eggs and then sold those eggs at market. It doesn't matter.

If a client discusses payment methods with you (Payonner, Paypal, Western Union, Skrill, check, direct deposit, etc.), the client is wrong.

acosta_sosa_roxa
Ace Contributor
4 of 6

Thank you so much Preston H. for your answer. I understand better now.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

@Roxana A wrote:

Hello,

Can a client pay through Paypal if I use Payoneer or should I have Paypal too for receive the payment?

The client can pay Upwork with a credit card or with PayPal (in some, not all cases) and you can get paid by Upwork in whichever way you have set up.

You must not ever get paid directly by the client...

acosta_sosa_roxa
Ace Contributor
6 of 6

Thank you so much Petra R., you're always there for answer my doubts. Thank you again.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS