cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Withdrawal

Community Guru
Ashish K Member Since: Mar 1, 2016
1 of 8

I had to use Paypal for the 1st time to withdraw the available funds I have here.

The funds were deposited immediately, however they are now on a hold for a 21 day period from Paypals side as I do not meet 2 of the 3 criteria (20 transactions and 60 days activity).

This can be sorted out if Upwork marks the Paypal transaction as 'Seller's delivery successful'. So that Paypal is free to release that amount. I have already made the necessary changes on the Paypal interface.

Will Upwork do this for me? I had raised a ticket and they asked me to wait and see for 24 hours. But I have no confidence in the system anymore. I now have thousands of dollars stuck and I'm starting to get pissed off, can't concentrate on work anymore.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 8

Hi Ashish,

I've read your previous posts about your LFT and PayPal withdrawals. Other than the information we've shared on the thread and our agent provided on your ticket, we don't have any other updates. You'll need to wait eighth days after the LFT withdrawal was initiated before we can initiate a trace for those funds, and 24 hours before we can help you with the PayPal withdrawal.

I understand you're frustrated but note that these are standard procedures we need to follow. Stay calm and focus on your work, as your funds are safe and will become available soon.

Community Guru
3 of 8

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Ashish,

You'll need to wait eighth days after the LFT withdrawal was initiated before we can initiate a trace for those funds, and 24 hours before we can help you with the PayPal withdrawal.

I will not comment about LFT on this thread. Please note that Paypal has my funds, but I cannot withdraw them.

I did not ask for any action to be taken on my Paypal withdrawal. I merely want to know Upwork's policy when it comes to marking funds withdrawn to Paypal as 'Delivery Successful'. So that Paypal can release those funds from security hold. I have already gone through the client review period and Upwork security hold.

I hope there is no secret algorithm involved in this procedure, so I dont see why you cannot respond to an innocuous question like this one.

I browsed through earlier Paypal posts and saw mods happily PMing freelancers who had Paypal troubles. No mention of 24hours then. Problem solved within 2 hours. And here I am, not even getting a straight answer.

This process I am sure is not new to Upwork. If Upwork can help me get my funds sooner than 21 days, it **bleep** well should.

Edit: Next 2 days are a weekend. And month end is approaching. I need to know this stuff to make alternate arrangements. I am looking for 1 of 3 answers:

1. No we dont do this for our freelancers

2. Yes, it happens automatically

3. Yes, but the freelancer has to make a manual request

The answer cannot be 'Wait and watch'

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 8

Hi Ashish,

Please, check your PayPal account and verify is the withdrawal has cleared. The delay is caused by an additional step related to the compliance rules in place for India not being able to receive personal payments.

Also, note that PayPal-related issues that are brought up by users in the Community can be very different and therefore are addressed differently. The issue you are having is very country-specific.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
5 of 8

No Valeria, funds havent cleared yet. Attaching a screenshot so you know exactly what I am talking about. It seems to be a Paypal security feature rather than any compliance issue. I have underlined in red what Upwork can do to help me.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
6 of 8

Ashish,

Upwork confirmed receipt of product and services and the transaction details indicate the payment was completed.  If you haven't received the funds yet, you may need to contact Paypal support as it may be their internal policy that placed a hold on your funds.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
7 of 8

Thanks. I will get back to you if Paypal tells me that Upwork still hasnt marked the delivery as successful. I have already contacted them once, and this was the information they gave me.

Then raised a CS ticket here, then posted on the forum.

Community Guru
8 of 8

The date of clearing has changed to Monday, 25-April from 10-May. So I guess, Upwork did confirm it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS