🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Paypal account Inactive
Page options
etika_prashar
Community Member

Paypal account Inactive

I have linked my paypal account to upwork but it stillshows inactive status. Please Help.

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

Etika P wrote:

I have linked my paypal account to upwork but it stillshows inactive status. Please Help.

That means it has either been less than 3 days since you added your PayPal, or you have not completed your tax info yet.

JoanneP

Hi Ertika,

For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.

I also checked your account and you haven't added your tax information yet. In order to withdraw your funds, you will need to add your tax information and in your case, please fill in the W-8BEN form. If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Marie,

I have filled the form but it still shows "Inactive". Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephen,

Please try to complete the W-9 form under your Settings> Tax Info and let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same issue, Bojan

Stephen A wrote:

Same issue, Bojan

Have you completed your W-9 form in Settings> Tax Info?

Like, for the jillionth time... I have filled, refilled and edited. It still won't become active. 

Please help me dear.

Stephen A wrote:

Like, for the jillionth time... I have filled, refilled and edited. It still won't become active. 

Has it been 3 days since you added it?

Never mind - just saw that it's been literally months

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephen,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d6d4341e
Community Member

Thankyou very much

Hello Joanne,

My linked Paypal account shows inactive, It is my prefered payment method.  Please help me set it to active again. Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

April

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members