🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Paypal approval
Page options
m_raypon
Community Member

Paypal approval

How long does it take to get my Paypal active? is it 3 working days or 3 regular days?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria, 

I can see that you are yet to submit your Form W-8BEN. Please go to your Tax Information page (Settings > Tax Information), and update the form with your legal name, and address that matches your Upwork account. Once you have filed this form, your payment methods should be active, and you can start withdrawing your Upwork earnings. 

I would like to confirm that when you add a payment method to your account, it goes through a three-day security period (it doesn't have to be business days). However, you will not be able to withdraw your earnings until you have filed your Form W-8BEN. I hope this clarifies things for you!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
crisselarcenas
Community Member

It's 3 working days

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria, 

I can see that you are yet to submit your Form W-8BEN. Please go to your Tax Information page (Settings > Tax Information), and update the form with your legal name, and address that matches your Upwork account. Once you have filed this form, your payment methods should be active, and you can start withdrawing your Upwork earnings. 

I would like to confirm that when you add a payment method to your account, it goes through a three-day security period (it doesn't have to be business days). However, you will not be able to withdraw your earnings until you have filed your Form W-8BEN. I hope this clarifies things for you!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths