🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Paypal refunding
Page options
leunot
Community Member

Paypal refunding

Greetings.
I have made a withdraw today from upwork to paypal. but paypal is giving me trouble with the withdraw and is not accepting any banks from my state. i did request a return of the funds back to upwork from paypal.
I wanted to know if the funds returned back to my upwork would configure in my balance or will they be lost.
My apologies for the inconvinience in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Leunat S wrote:

Greetings.
I have made a withdraw today from upwork to paypal. but paypal is giving me trouble with the withdraw and is not accepting any banks from my state. i did request a return of the funds back to upwork from paypal.
I wanted to know if the funds returned back to my upwork would configure in my balance or will they be lost.

Do not just refund (if you haven't already done so...) Because this was not a "normal" PayPal payment, that won't work properly.

You need customer support to walk you through this.

I'll flag your post so a moderator can get a rep to reach out to you.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
petra_r
Community Member

Leunat S wrote:

Greetings.

Do not just refund (if you haven't already done so...) Because this was not a "normal" PayPal payment, that won't work properly.

You need customer support to walk you through this.

I'll flag your post so a moderator can get a rep to reach out to you.

leunot
Community Member

Thanks Please do.

aaec7abc
Community Member

Hi, I have same problem. I also need customer support. Can you  help me?

Hi Muhammed,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with PayPal. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d9ee28e3
Community Member

Hi, having that same issue, and i am not able to open any new tickets, the auto chat system is not helping properly to connect to a real person

I haven't refunded it yet, so if i refund can i expect the balance to be reflected on my upwork account?

Hi Subramanian,

Are you referring to your withdrawal or something else? If it's regarding your withdrawal, the funds have already been withdrawn from your Upwork account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Leunat,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello there,

I have the same issue as well .. I withdrew money from my Upwork account to my Paypal account .. and after I did .. Paypal is telling me that I can't withdraw the money to my card or any bank accounts in my state .. So, I wated to make a refund the money back to my Upwork .. I contacted Upwork and provided them two screenshots of both my Paypal ad Upwork accounts .. but they advised on contacting Paypal to ask for a refund from their side .. now the problem is that I can't find any option I can use to issue that refund ..  the transaction has no such option in my account. And now I don't know what to do?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hossam,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket in a timely manner.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar. you might want to take a look at this screenshot as well, please.Paypal r.png

Hi Hossam El-Deen,

I checked your account, and it looks like one of our team members has already updated your ticket with more information. Please feel free to reply so that they can assist you further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
269dbe1a
Community Member

I am also facing same issue, after initiating the refund for multiple payments including the payment made for the previous transctions as well, "now neither the amount is in my upwork account nor it is in paypal. "

Please help

Hi Prakhar,

I can see that you`ve already reached out to our Customer Support via ticket with additional information. Rest assured, our team will assist you further directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
maurourdaneta
Community Member

Good afternoon. The same is happening to me.

Paypal limited my account indefinitely and now I'm unable to get that money out in any way. They told me that, the only thing we could possibly do, is refund the money to the sender or transfer the money to a bank account in six months. The point is that none of my bank accounts will be accepted by PayPal, so I do not have any other choice than to contact you guys and see if there's any chance to figure this out. 

Hi Mauro,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members