🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Paypal secondary email not working on Upw...
Page options
yasminegrad
Community Member

Paypal secondary email not working on Upwork

I have a Paypal account with a different email address so I added the email that I am using on Upwork as a secondary email but everytime I try to link my second email they link my first email to Upwork how can I solve the problem ?

9 REPLIES 9
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yasmine,

After adding that PayPal account, please allow up to 24 hours for our team to review the method and reach out to you if more information is required. You can also check out this help article for more information regarding PayPal.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

How can I add the secondary email of my Paypal account to my Upwork ? I dont want to link my primary email is mismatching everytime I am adding it 

Hi Yasmine,

You can add the secondary email in your PayPal settings.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I understand that but why when I link my Paypal account to Upwork they add my primary email ?Can you please be more specific how to solve the problem ?

Hi Yasmine,

Your Upwork and PayPal accounts need to use the same email address. You can either update the email in your Settings > Contact Info page or add a new email address in your PayPal settings and make that email primary.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

That's not what I am looking for, the Paypal account isn't mine, it's for a cousin living abroad I can't have a Paypal in my country, so I added my email as a secondary email in his Paypal so I can get paid but hw can I add the second email of Paypal in Upwork, not the primary ? That's what I am looking for

Yasmine K wrote:

the Paypal account isn't mine, it's for a cousin living abroad I can't have a Paypal in my countr

You categorically can't use a PayPal account that isn't in your name and with your details matching exactly.

You only need the email address, many freelancer add there email that they use on Upwork to Paypal, why do you need my name and other info now ??

Hi Yasmine,

To be able to use PayPal as a payment method, your verified name on Upwork needs to match the name on your PayPal account. You can check this help article for more information. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members