Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll Protection Program

jasontorpy
Ace Contributor
Jason T Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
11 of 15

Has upwork posted anything about this? Seems like they're silent despite being a massive contracting organization. I'd love to see a clear-language walkthrough for upwork about how to make PPP and disaster protection work, and the other plans.

https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options

etsukodesign
Etsy I Member Since: Jul 26, 2017
12 of 15

Here's what I got from the Small Business Development Center in California.  

Well, noticing it's entirely the same as the link Brian posted... 

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
beigel_vincent
Vincent B Member Since: Apr 22, 2020
14 of 15

Hello everyone, 

I work as a freelancer in the music industry and genreally get 10-99 forms.

During this time of COVID19 work has stopped so i applied for unemplyment because of the new law. 

I have been approved and i am waiting for my edd card (I live in SoCal) and thats great but it not enough to cover my familys cost of living. 

I work as an Audio Engineer so I am looking to pick up extra work I can do at home with UpWork regarding editing things like PodCasts, Film, and Music. 

I am worried that if i do this will it disqualify me from my unemployment. 

Does anyone have any information about this?

no1prdiva
Lisa H Member Since: Apr 13, 2018
15 of 15

You will have to check with your state, which I realize it likely impossible given the backlog. Smiley Sad

For my state it is a bit confusing--it says you are not required to report whether you have looked for work. But on the other hand, it also says this: If you find work, stop filing weekly claims. Your payments will stop.

I know that doesn't really help, but it probably depends upon how much you will be working. 

I am kind of in the same boat, I applied for UI with Upwork being my sole employer and work was cancelled due to COVID-19  but I have appeared to be declined but need to wait it out to see if that is truly the case or still in process.

There are also state resources that you can google.  My state has a checklist form you fill out to see if you qualify and shows you available resources.

Upwork also had a fund but it looks like it has already been exhausted for the first round.

https://www.freelancersunion.org/resources/freelancers-relief-fund/freelancers-relief-fund-eligibili...

Good luck!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS