🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Pending Bonus and regualr payments
Page options
0dd315ca
Community Member

Pending Bonus and regualr payments

Hello Upwork community, 

I need help on knowing what to do or how to proceed on a pending payment I have, generally the pnding comes out on either a Tuesday or Wednesday the most for the times I have gotten a gig but this time it still shows pending and it is already Wednesday. Help please 

Best, 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Manual payments, like a bonus, become available 5 days after the payment is successfully processed.

If you look at your Pending tab in Reports Home Page - Upwork

you will see the date the amount will become available. If there is no date, it means Upwork could not successfully process the client's payment method. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
1a792ec3
Community Member

Monica,

It is very easy to think that the payments will move to Pending as you describe. However, the client has a full week to approve the time you billed. And then you have to wait until the following week for the funds to be available on WEDS, with payment actually being on THURS.  There's more detail, but it's not really going to change the fact that the money doesn't get paid as quickly as one might need it.

I have basically had to calculate payday is 2 weeks out from the last work I did for a client. I hope that makes sense!

Hmmm no, you see, all payments that in pending already went trought that process so they have 5 day window once they go on pending for it to be available and that is each Wednesday as it is detailed in the pending explanation information. 

Is the payment you are waiting for a bonus payment? 

Yes, it is a Bonus but usually a regular payment on pending goes out on a Tuesday or Wed morning. 

Thank you. 

Manual payments, like a bonus, become available 5 days after the payment is successfully processed.

If you look at your Pending tab in Reports Home Page - Upwork

you will see the date the amount will become available. If there is no date, it means Upwork could not successfully process the client's payment method. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members