🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Pending bonus payment
Page options
alisonbarnett
Community Member

Pending bonus payment

My longstanding client has paid me a bonus today on completion of a milestone. It shows up in transactions with the Pending note attached to it. They have asked me to 'accept' it, presumably to move it from Pending to the pending payment category, but is this necessary? Isn't there an action they need to take to do that?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alison, 

As Preston confirmed, there is nothing you need to do regarding this bonus payment. 

When money is released from a funded milestone, it's processed immediately after the client clicks the Pay button next to the milestone. That is because the client's payment method had already been charged for that amount and it's been held in escrow. However, a bonus payment may take a little longer to process as Upwork has to first charge the client's payment method (that’s why the transaction still is showing as Pending). If the client initiates a bonus payment after banks' business hours, for example, the bonus may get processed the following day and the security period will start counting from the following day as well.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Freelancers do not click a button to "accept" a bonus payment.

There is no action that freelancers can take.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alison, 

As Preston confirmed, there is nothing you need to do regarding this bonus payment. 

When money is released from a funded milestone, it's processed immediately after the client clicks the Pay button next to the milestone. That is because the client's payment method had already been charged for that amount and it's been held in escrow. However, a bonus payment may take a little longer to process as Upwork has to first charge the client's payment method (that’s why the transaction still is showing as Pending). If the client initiates a bonus payment after banks' business hours, for example, the bonus may get processed the following day and the security period will start counting from the following day as well.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks so much, Bojan... that's exactly what I needed! I appreciate your time and trouble 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members