🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Pending earnings "pending date"
Page options
hoyle_editing
Community Member

Pending earnings "pending date"

Hi guys,

Hope someone can clarify this, i tried a search but couldnt find a suitably relevant thread. anyway,

If you click on the "view pending earnings" button it takes you to your transaction history, and shows pending earnings highlighted in grey - thats fine but, on the left side of the pending earnings it has a date (that i believe to be the date that payment will be clear). So, if it says "pending" under the date am i right to assume the payment has not been made by the client yet only 'approved'?

ETA - This particular instance is relevant to a fixed price milestone that i increased at payment time to accomodate extra work. - Not sure if that matters but thought i would add just in case.

Thank you

Jon

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Jonathan H wrote:

Hi guys,

If you click on the "view pending earnings" button it takes you to your transaction history, and shows pending earnings highlighted in grey - thats fine but, on the left side of the pending earnings it has a date (that i believe to be the date that payment will be clear). So, if it says "pending" under the date am i right to assume the payment has not been made by the client yet only 'approved'?

ETA - This particular instance is relevant to a fixed price milestone that i increased at payment time to accomodate extra work. - Not sure if that matters but thought i would add just in case.

If it says "Pending" in the LEFT hand column, the client has not yet paid.

Because Upwork does charging runs, this is perfectly normal if it for 24 hours or so.

If it says "Pending" in the left hand column for longer than that, there is an issue with the client's payment method and the 5 day countdown will not begin until the client's payment method can be successfully charged.

Imran K wrote:

Actually, the payment's are in the pending, it's already paid by your clients. Currently, just in security period. Also, it's approved.

Wrong. Please don't give misleading "advice."

As long as the left hjand column says "Pending" - the client has NOT paid and the funds are NOT in the 5 day security period yet.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
opsogreen1
Community Member

Hi Jon,

Actually, the payment's are in the pending, it's already paid by your clients. Currently, just in security period. Also, it's approved. Hourly project client's don't need to approve manually as escrow system protect your money, for fixed projects clients need to release fund manually.

Hope this help.

Thanks

Ok, thanks - wasnt sure as i knew the client had accepted the amount but noticed pending in the date for ONLY the part that was additional to the initial agreed fixed price milestone

petra_r
Community Member

Jonathan H wrote:

Hi guys,

If it says "Pending" in the LEFT hand column, the client has not yet paid.

Because Upwork does charging runs, this is perfectly normal if it for 24 hours or so.

If it says "Pending" in the left hand column for longer than that, there is an issue with the client's payment method and the 5 day countdown will not begin until the client's payment method can be successfully charged.

Imran K wrote:

Actually, the payment's are in the pending, it's already paid by your clients. Currently, just in security period. Also, it's approved.

As long as the left hjand column says "Pending" - the client has NOT paid and the funds are NOT in the 5 day security period yet.

Thank you Petra, I had a feeling it would be something along those lines. I just like to make sure im up with the game 🙂

Thanks

Jon

In Review payment always under review by clients. And clients have 5 days to review the work. And pending: This represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn. We even can say it's released or not released. It's doesn't make any sense. Because my work will automatically send it in available sections. Because my any clients are even not log in UP month after month. 

BUT I agree with you. Because I noticed fixed price work directly move to the available funnel. Because of this action is done by clients. As my all projects are hourly and clients are not taking any action to release it. So I was thinking the client's release the fund or not it's doesn't matter. But you are right 🙂

Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members