🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Pending money, I started second job.
Page options
0659c9db
Community Member

Pending money, I started second job.

Dear Upwork Community.

I started second job today, this is hourly based project.

But for domain, the client sent $300. and I bought the domain ($125)

But is it safe? if the pending money disappeared, I won't get paid?
But I have already bought the domain.

Any answer?

Massimo

0659c9db_0-1674647041084.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bobafett999
Community Member

What do you think?  Put on your thinking cap and ask why would some one pay you huge amount money to buy a domain.  They could do it themselves.

You lost money and now you own the domain.  If I were you I would cancel that purchase 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
yofazza
Community Member

Sorry but the domain buying is a scam, look here for more scams:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

What's the 2nd hourly job?

sofia2008
Community Member

If you are working on an hourly project, make sure you comply to Hourly Payment Protection – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

As for the Pending amount, once Upwork will be able to charge the billing method of the client successfully, the amount will go through a 5-day security period and you will see the date when the amount should be available.  If it still shows Pending in the date column, it means Upwork was not able to charge the billing method of the client yet.

They're not going to be able to track any time that will cover the purchase of a domain for the client.

I was referring to the second job (hourly) the OP mentionned he started today.

Okay, but the domain payment is what they're worried about. And after a second read, I don't think they mean that they've started another job with this client, but it's their second job on Upwork. 

erinvega2016
Community Member

Scam, Scam, Scam.. the client overpaid for a domain? I would like to find more clients that overpay and prepay. 

But why would you purchase a domain with the money still sitting in pending in your account?

As a freelancer it is your job to protect yourself and your earnings. Yes, getting the job offer and then being sent money prior to project being completed is exciting. But take 15 minutes before you do anything do a quick search on the web. If you had done this on this project you wouldh ave noticed that the web serach returned that this was a scam. That 15 minutes could have saved you $135.00 but unfortunately now you will need to look at this as a lesson learned the hard way and just a suggestion don't withdrawl the pending $300.00 if they become available..

The money can only be withdrawn when it is «Available». Pending amount is either not successfully charged to the client or in the 5-day security period.

he has 2 reviews.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

one freelancer in RED BOX has disappeared. I don't know why.
the other freelancer in Blue BOX exists. but completed job

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

This is the freelancer profile in BLUE BOX

the client paid $275 to freelancer and freelancer profile has shown that.

Is that scam?

Those jobs both started and ended in January, so it's quite likely that the payments will be reversed if the client is a scammer.

Thank you, I have edited my reply. Hit the reply button too soon.

You don't need to do a web search. The fee was an enormous red flag.

Even if the money becomes available, if the client is a scammer, it can still be charged back. Let clients buy their own domains.

thanks

bobafett999
Community Member

What do you think?  Put on your thinking cap and ask why would some one pay you huge amount money to buy a domain.  They could do it themselves.

You lost money and now you own the domain.  If I were you I would cancel that purchase 

0659c9db
Community Member

Done. The client scammed me.....    my money went to the hell.... to stressful........ I lost my money.

Whatever, thanks for all freelancers which reply to me.

Massimo

bobafett999
Community Member

Did you give them the domain access?  You could be in trouble.   You are the owner.  They could use it for some illegal activities.  Who do you think law enforcement will come after?

I didn't give them. so don't worry. 🙂

yofazza
Community Member

What domain costs $125 btw? A used domain?

0659c9db
Community Member

namecheap

yofazza
Community Member

Just wondering again, if you bought it then you have the access? Maybe they own the domain and they scam you to buy it?

In that case maybe you can sell it again **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Me edited: to a **Edited for Community Guidelines** cookie store with the same name

re: "What domain costs $125 btw? A used domain?"

Once someone purchases a domain name, they can sell it for any amount they want. $125 is a good deal for an already-owned domain.

0659c9db
Community Member

Also this is scammer client email

one guy **Edited for Community Guidelines** is from **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** is from **Edited for Community Guidelines**. maybe country information also scams.

As you see, they are from **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

I searched **Edited for Community Guidelines** agency. but the site isn't completed yet.

maybe scammer company.

You can't post identifying information in the Community. That is why your posts keep getting edited, like this one will. Read the CG.

0659c9db
Community Member

thx

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members