cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People running Business of getting Profile Approved on Upwork

Dimple F Member Since: Mar 27, 2018
1 of 9

How can people approve the profiles for upwork. They are saying thet get your profile approved in just $30. how is it possible?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 9

Hi Dimple, 

Please know that this is serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. I would request that you report this immediately to us, or directly to our Customer Support Team if you encounter any user selling Upwork accounts. 

-Avery
Untitled
3 of 9

He is not selling actually he ran an ad on linked in directing that give your unapproved profile and i will make that approve in $30. How is it Possible??. Upwork is very strict in approving the profiles. How that person is so sure he will make that approve in 1 day

Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
4 of 9

@Dimple F wrote:

He is not selling actually he ran an ad on linked in directing that give your unapproved profile and i will make that approve in $30. How is it Possible??. Upwork is very strict in approving the profiles. How that person is so sure he will make that approve in 1 day

Dimple:  They are most likely scammers.  I saw your profile.  You have a very strong skill set.  ML & AI are the skills in demand (I happen to know that personally).  Then why such a rock bottom low rate?  I understand you want to start out to get some traction, but a rate that is comparable to a data entry person even from India will hurt you.  Don't try to undersell your skills.  It will be very hard to move upwards.

If I were you I would put your #8 as a top one in your profile.

https://www.upwork.com/blog/2018/05/fastest-growing-skills-upwork-q1-2018/?utm_campaign=skillsindex&...

Demand for AI-related skills such as computer vision, augmented reality, and chatbot development shows companies are embracing it and exploring ways AI can make their business stronger.

5 of 9

I appreciate that.. But that is not my answer to the question sir. 

Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
6 of 9

@Dimple F wrote:

I appreciate that.. But that is not my answer to the question sir. 

Dimple:  I said they are scammers.  Why do you care how they do it?  I tried to help with your profile.  With such a low rate no one in their right mind would believe that the skill set you are advertizing can be done at $5/hr.

They would think you are trying to scam them - you are not genuine.

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
7 of 9

@Prashant P wrote:

They would think you are trying to scam them - you are not genuine.

Who? Clients? But it's a great sample resume. People from resume web sites are using hers as a great sample:

greatsampleresume.com/resume-examples/it/artificial-intelligence-programmer-resume

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
8 of 9

They may be lying and just taking the hopeful freelancers' money. Or, they may be creating a profile for that freelancer that overstates the freelancers skills or other information in order to win approval. Once the profile is approved, the lies on it become the freelancer's problem, not the scammer's.  If a profile is approved based on lies and the $30 paid, it matters not to the scammer if that same profile is suspended a week later. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 9

Hi Dimple, 

I'm not privy to how these users do this practice, but do know that our team is aware of these fraudulent practices, and are working to take action against these accounts. 

May I request that you please send the LinkedIn post to me through a private message so that I can report this to the team for their action.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS