cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is a test

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
11 of 31
[quote=Ronald Taylor]Same here with my profile...LOL.... Although I had always been against oDesk showing my earnings on oDesk and publicly (An invasion of privacy?), I did promote the hours vs. earnings information on hourly jobs as an indication of my advancement on oDesk (From my first $1 per hour to $38 per hour).[/quote] I was against it too, and my current client joined the beta program that allows clients to hide earnings which I was happy about. Now, with the latest change, I have neither the total amount earned nor the total amount of hours worked. It's so absurd I have to laugh in frustration but who thinks up stuff like this and actually spends time and resources on implementing it? oDesk really needs some folks who think through more than just the most obvious scenario because I have yet to see a new feature that was thought through from beginning to end. [quote=Ronald Taylor]Funny that oDesk support doesn't even know if it's a new feature or a bug...lol....[/quote] I know right! LOL.
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
12 of 31
Some clients like to see how much the freelancer is earning, they are able to negotiate based on history. Someone accepting an invitation and bidding $20 per hour when you can you see $10 is the most he/she has earned, you know you can offer a bit more than $10 and the freelancer will accept.
Community Guru
13 of 31
That's true, but it can also cause problems in a team. If one person gets a raise or bonus, and the others don't, it can create tensions. I'd also like be able to decide whether I want to display my earnings to the world or not, and I'm generally okay with displaying either the amount of hours, or the total earnings, but currently, I'm displaying neither thanks to the new bug feature.
Community Guru
14 of 31
[quote=Krisztina U.] I'd also like be able to decide whether I want to display my earnings to the world or not, and I'm generally okay with displaying either the amount of hours, or the total earnings, but currently, I'm displaying neither thanks to the new bug feature.[/quote] At least they should make it optional. I am also not happy about not displaying the amount of hours.
Community Guru
15 of 31
Thank you for your response. Please clear cache and cookies, to do that, click this link: https://www.odesk.com/clearcookies and log back in and check your profile. You may also consider to use another browser. Smiley Sad
Community Guru
16 of 31
That's the standard reply for everything isn't it. It's only missing the "do a hard refresh" cure for all. Doesn't fix it unfortunately but that makes me hope that it is a bug after all.
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
17 of 31
oDesk engineering probably does not even know that the CDN services they have procured are buggy at best. From the client-side it's obviously a poor setup on the oDesk site not the fault of the CDN provider.
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 31
Hi all, Thank you for bringing it up and for your feedback. oDesk Team is currently testing some changes to how we display work history items. What you are seeing is not a bug, but is one of the changes we’re testing. The purpose of the test is to better understand what elements of the work history are most important in helping clients make a hiring decision. We don’t yet have an ETA on when the test will be over, but we’ll be sure to announce any permanent changes to our customers.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
19 of 31
"The purpose of the test is to better understand what elements of the work history are most important in helping clients make a hiring decision" Have you thought of asking them? Who is it going to benefit??
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
20 of 31
Wouldn't testing be best conducted on a beta site?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS