cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Per project hour count / rate on profile

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
21 of 31
As a client I think it is very misleading and heavily favours those who have worked $1/hr and padded a lot of their hours. If I see a freelancer bidding $30/hr and his history says he only has 500 hours versus a freelancer bidding $5/hr with 3000 hours, I will hire the $5/hr freelancer and think the $30/hr one is grossly overcharging me. It gives the impression of quality work although we know a lot of freelancers get free rein to log in as much hours as they want because they charge mere cents. The amount of total earnings should at least be visible, even if it doesn't have the rate per hour.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
22 of 31
How about asking us if we want to participate in the test? Generally speaking, I'm open to testing features, but this particular one is crippling my profile. I have two long term, on-going jobs on there with over 2600 hours and it's simply not clear if I worked those or if they're just sitting on my profile as active. You can't just hide total hours worked on contracts that are already hiding the total earnings. It seems that contracts with hidden earnings weren't even thought of when thinking this up. How can I get out of the test?
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
23 of 31
With all the testing they do they have made a mess out of things. When I view my profile not logged in, I still show hours worked, but all my jobs are missing but one and feedback. My tests taken show in Percentile Score and make it look like I scored very low on some tests (which are actually in the top 10% and 20%) My education and previous work before Odesk is not showing at all. They have made it to where no one knows I have experience they are looking for at a glance nor if I fit anything but the one job showing ... I really wish they would leave things alone and put things back to where it was. Since they made some of these changes I am no longer getting job invites, which previous to some of the changes I had regular invites on a daily basis.
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
24 of 31
Hi Suzanne, I can still see your stuff including this: Email Etiquette Certification 4.70 Top 10% 30 min Details Organizational Behavior 3.75 Top 10% 38 min Details Telephone Etiquette Certification 4.45 Top 10% 23 min Details Internet Marketing 4.50 Top 20% 25 min Details Wordpress 3.25 Top 20% 35 min Details Selling Skills 3.00 Top 30% 31 min Details Social Media Marketing 4.10 Top 30% 30 min Details English Spelling Test (U.S. Version) 4.60 Above Average 17 min Details Dec 2012 - Feb 2014 1,368 hours @ $15.56/hr Earned $21,291.12 Test Administrator Pearson Vue August 2012 - December 2012 The Test Administrator position is responsible for providing a secure exam delivery and superior customer service in a comfortable friendly environment. - Understands and complies with all testing procedures. - Checks in examinees, verifies identification, and explains the exam process. - Monitors examinees while testing. - Maintains a secure testing environment. - Communicates with internal departments to investigate and fix technical issues. less Bachelors, Accounting/Marketing/Business Management University of Portland 1989 - 1991 Business Management with Accounting and Marketing. -------------------------- I didn't copy paste everything but at least you know some clients can see how good you are Smiley Happy They really should at least have an opt-out feature or at the very least limit beta testing to one test per profile only. They are screwing up lots of their real moneymakers and they don't even seem to care. I don't even know how they can measure the outcome of a test since there are profiles which they are implementing 3 or more beta tests on. How do they know which affects what anymore? Their variables are all over the place! Whoever is designing these tests and their implementation needs to go back to school. or maybe...the real test is about how they can screw up a freelancer's profile the best. That would make sense!

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
25 of 31
Dianne, I am glad someone can see it as I look at it and it shows one job, and one review, none of my other jobs or reviews and is missing what you showed and as I mentioned the test scores are showing in percentile which looks like it is really low on some of them. But they really need to stop messing with things. I can see doing testing but perhaps they should ask for guinea pigs and stop messing with the rest of our stuff. I have had things happen like turning availability off and going private to find that it is on and public. I have the before mentioned going on. I had availability off and was getting job offers, and then had it on and was getting none. And for about a week and a half when I have had it on I have had no job invites which is strange as I generally have a ton of them, but who knows. I am just tired of them messing with things. Some of the things they are doing will not benefit anyone.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
26 of 31
"I am just tired of them messing with things. Some of the things they are doing will not benefit anyone" Make that "most of the things..."
Community Guru
27 of 31
Stephen, I am not sure of what your point was or is, but if you mean accept it.. It is not bothering me so badly I can't get my work done Smiley Tongue It is just annoying.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
28 of 31
I'm in sympathy with you. You said "Some of the things they are doing will not benefit anyone" I said "most of the things they are doing will not benefit anyone" Accept them? I guess we've got no choice but to accept them - but the occasional venting does no harm ;}
Community Guru
29 of 31
Venting is good to do Smiley Happy
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
30 of 31
Nothing matters because oDesk keeps changing the rules of the game. Just when clients and freelancers attempt to adapt to oDesk's changes aka "mad robots," oDesk makes more changes, and the cycle keeps repeating itself. Who is winning this game anyway? Not me that's for sure. Gone fishing...in a new lake....
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS