🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: JSS Calculation
Page options
gurjeetkalsi
Community Member

Percentage of Sucess not increasing

Hello Upwork Team,

My success percentage is not moving, I have completed 4 successful projects in the last week all with a 5-star rating and one with a bonus from the client too. but my percentage is not moving up. it is 96% since then.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,125 REPLIES 1,125
LuiggiR

Hi Gurjeet,

Upon checking I can confirm that your JSS actually remained the same after completing the projects you mentioned. I can see you have a good number of jobs completed that are taken into consideration within the calculation windows, which is likely why you're not seeing much movement in the percentage. Should you continue to close jobs with positive outcomes, you will eventually see the numbers moving up. Feel free to check this help article to learn more about the JSS calculation.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I still did not get that... I have 16/16 weeks positive... and it is 96% for the last two months I guess.

Can you please help me with from which date to which date this window is calculating my percentage?

Gurjeet S wrote:

Can you please help me with from which date to which date this window is calculating my percentage?

You only have one calculation window currently (6 months)

All but one of your contracts were in the last 6 months, except for the 2018 one, which has fallen out of all 3 calculation windows because it is over 2 years old.

You also have to bear in mind that the closer you get to 100%, the more it takes to increase the percentage. That's just how percentages work.

At the moment your JSS is calculated from 40 outcomes and it's 96% -

that means there are at least 2 not quite so perfect factors in your calculation window. You won't and can't get to 100% until there are no negative factors left in your calculation windows anymore.

You want to not stress about the JSS, because 96% is actually excellent.

Regards to all,

Can anyone please help me? Why does my JSS constantly “fall” even if I’m doing better and better? My Top Rated badge was taken away from me because my JSS fell below 90%. Lately, I have successfully completed a couple of 5-star projects, I was waiting for my JSS to improve and it actually got worse. It's getting frustrating ... please help. Thanks in advance!

Hello luiggi

Hello Upwork Team,

My success percentage is not moving, I have completed 14 successful projects in the last weeks all with a 5-star rating and one with a bonus from the client too. but my percentage is not moving up. it is 57%since then. Please improve my success percnetage i do to much bidding and get reaponses as well but after checking my skills client say you have 5 star rating but low percentage this is my daily bread please take some action

Thanks 

Rahul

4144d0b3
Community Member

Hello, Upwork community!

I am a freelance writer and I am here with a hot topic. I had a long break from Upwork and recently re-started my activity here on the platform. First two weeks my JSS increased from 75% to 77%. I had 3x or 4x five-stars but 2% is good growth for me anyway, considering that the projects were in the rage of $25 to $30. However, in the next two weeks, I got another 4x, five-star ratings, one of which was $230, and I am sure that the client left me good "private" feedback as well.

Yesterday it was supposed to get updated but the only thing that got updated was the date on the "My Score" page. My JSS remains at 77% now, 48 hours later. I was really waiting for an increase considering the new "no feedback contracts will no longer impact JSS", and I had a lot of them, but no update at all. 

Anyone else experiencing something similar? Any Ideas?

petra_r
Community Member

Nikolay P wrote:

Yesterday it was supposed to get updated but the only thing that got updated was the date on the "My Score" page. My JSS remains at 77% now, 48 hours later. I was really waiting for an increase considering the new "no feedback contracts will no longer impact JSS", and I had a lot of them, but no update at all. 

"No feedback" contracts didn't ever affect the JSS unless there was an excessive number of them, which is not the case in your case.

You have "sub-optimal" feedback regularly. What is the "Clients who would recommend you" percentage on your "My Stats" page?

You promise "native" level English skills which is a stretch (at best) - so you over-promise and under-deliver. 

4144d0b3
Community Member

It is 74% there. But I don't quite understand that either. The clients I worked with were satisfied I am confident in that considering the tips after some of the projects. I also have at least 3 re-hires during these 4 weeks but unfortunately "clients who would recommend you" even dropped by 1%. It was 75% when I came back to Upwork. I thought all these good things will contribute to both, recommendations and JSS.

It could be me after all, I can't know for sure the private feedback. It looks like Upwork would like to see long and constant positive outcomes.

petra_r
Community Member

Nikolay P wrote:

It is 74% there. But I don't quite understand that either. The clients I worked with were satisfied 

Then why do you think they left poor private feedback?

Your English isn't at "native" level. Promising such and not being able to deliver it leads to a poor client experience. That is why your JSS is poor.

zubi567
Community Member

I completed 2 projects with 5 stars My jss is 63% . how much it will increase can you tell me please?
petra_r
Community Member

Zahid I wrote:
I completed 2 projects with 5 stars My jss is 63% . how much it will increase can you tell me please?

You'll have to just wait and see. The contracts were only for $5, so I wouldn't expect miracles, and you'll have to remember that public feedback (stars) are not really what drives the JSS, it's private feedback that makes a difference

Hi,
Why my Job Success Score (JSS) not updated till now? Its been two weeks since it was updated. It was updated on March 21 , and today its April 4 Sunday. I am really waiting for my JSS to be updated soon. Please help me and find a solution.
Thanks

Shumaila K wrote:

Why my Job Success Score (JSS) not updated till now? Its been two weeks since it was updated. It was updated on March 21 , and today its April 4 Sunday. I am really waiting for my JSS to be updated soon.

Please stop spamming the same post repeatedly!

Like every fortnight, it hasn't been updated yet. It never reliably updates until Sunday evening UTC at the earliest, despite it saying it's updated much earlier, usually around lunchtime UTC.

So all you have to do is WAIT!

ok thanks

waseem_566
Community Member

I have recently completed three jobs in this week and got 5 star rating in all three. My job success score was 79 and is still 79. While it says updated on 29 march. Please Look into the matter.

The updated number will show on your profile.  The stats page will update later today.  This is the usual procedure for JSS Sundays.

Thanks Jason

Hi, Jason

I have same issue here.. Job success score is not updating on my profile.

nargis-saima
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

My contract is on hold and I want to know willl this affect on my JSS?

Saima N wrote:

My contract is on hold and I want to know willl this affect on my JSS?

No

Thanks, Petra

nurullah-shaibal
Community Member

Hi,

I need help regarding the issue of JSS score. I joined an agency as a member five months ago but I didn't complete any project on behalf of the agency. I completed many projects as an individual. Right now my JSS is 80%. If I leave the agency will it boost my JSS?

Thank You
Nurullah

Nurullah S wrote:

Right now my JSS is 80%. If I leave the agency will it boost my JSS?

No, why would it? Your JSS is what it is because of the jobs you did as an individual. The agency has absolutely nothing to do with it.

So, what do you suggest? Is it wise to leave the agency?

Nurullah S wrote:

So, what do you suggest? Is it wise to leave the agency?

It doesn't matter as far as your JSS is concerned. To improve that, you need more successfully completed contracts.

But if you don't get any work through the agency anyway you might as well leave it, because belonging to an agency that doesn't bring you any inclome is pointless at best.

ali_shukri
Community Member

So I had 85% jss and I got a 5 star with a +be review ,in less than 6 days my jss is now 88% does it mean that my 5 star and + be review added me only 3% of my jss
tanmoysahaup
Community Member

It has been a few months on Upwork. And I received my Job Success score which is 91%.

I fail to understand this, I have completed 4 jobs so far all with a 5-star review.

If I receive any private negative feedback, is it possible to dispute that?

Anindya S wrote:

If I receive any private negative feedback, is it possible to dispute that?

No.

91% is great. As long as you keep above 90% it's not an issue.

euras
Community Member

Hello,  i do not understand how upwork counts job success score... Now after two weeks update job success score from 100% down to 92% last jobs from clients i have  five stars ratings so i really do not understand... This is unfair i am always friendly can help client maximum. I think time to look for where I can work elsewhere and left upwork.

petra_r
Community Member

Darius P wrote:

Now after two weeks update job success score from 100% down to 92% last jobs from clients i have  five stars ratings so i really do not understand... 

Private feedback.

Darius P wrote:

I think time to look for where I can work elsewhere and left upwork.

Don't overreact! 92% is still a great JSS. Everything over 90% is good. You're top rated. Nothing to leave Upwork over when you're working and making money.

euras
Community Member

Hello, Petra. From 100 down to 92 its good? I done last jobs from clients and have five stars. If freelancer have five stars from clients how i lost 8% score?

petra_r
Community Member

Darius P wrote:

If freelancer have five stars from clients how i lost 8% score?

stars are irrelevant.

The private feedback counts.

abdul4595
Community Member

I am working on a project and I have successfuly delivered the first milestone. However, during the second milestone, the client told me that because of some hardware changes, they were conducting internal tests. So, during this period the work on the second milestone had to be stopped. It was understandable, so I agreed and asked him to extend the deadline for the milestone. I told him that if I don't deliver on time, it would affect my JSS and Rising Talent Badge (which I lost because of 2 unresponsive clients). The client didn't change the milestone deadline and just simply stopped responding to my messages. In the meantime, I lost my Rising Talent Badge.

So, I had to send him atleast 2-3 messages and wait for days to get a reply from him. I again asked him to change the milestone deadline but he just ignored the message. Now, I haven't heard from him since 02 November, 2020. I have tried to contact him 4 times, but he hasn't replied.

I'm sure this inactive project is taking a toll on my JSS, which is standing at 80% at this time. All my reviews are 5 stars, except for one 4.65 star review, and I have completed all my jobs, no job has ever failed. Now I'm having trouble getting hired because of my JSS. I'm sure moderators will have a justification for the situation, and the answer for the freelancers is always to "wait" and play by the rules the clients set.

I just want Upwork to save freelancers from rude and insensitive clients. Someone can willingly destroy a freelancer's JSS and there's nothing the freelancer can do. This is unfair. I'm writing this out of frustration, and I know I won't find a solution for this. But somewhere down the line, Upwork will have to give freelancers a fair shot against rude and unfair clients.

Have a good day!

wrote:

I'm sure this inactive project is taking a toll on my JSS, which is standing at 80% at this time. All my reviews are 5 stars, except for one 4.65 star review, and I have completed all my jobs, no job has ever failed.

No, you have a 4.65 AND a 4.0 feedback rating - those are what caused your JSS to decline, not "unresponsive" clients. It's not that big a deal if a client doesn't respond for a few days, and you shouldn't make a nuisance of yourself by bombarding them with messages. It also doesn't affect your JSS if the client wants to delay the project deadline.

@abdul4595 wrote:

I told him that if I don't deliver on time, it would affect my JSS and Rising Talent Badge (which I lost because of 2 unresponsive clients).

You have a JSS score, that's why you don't have a rising talent badge (you can't have both). Deadlines have nothing to do with that.

Well, either you didn't understand properly, or you just don't want to. Firstly, you have written that an absence of a "few days" is fine; yes that is! But you failed to read that it isn't a few days in this case, it has been a few weeks, 3, to be precise.
Secondly, you've mentioned that it doesn't affect the JSS if a client wants to delay the deadline. I know that, and that is why I asked him to delay the deadline, but he didn't. And that is what was not fair.
The JSS appeared several days after I had lost my badge.

Muhammad Abdul Reh A wrote:

... asked him to extend the deadline for the milestone. I told him that if I don't deliver on time, it would affect my JSS and Rising Talent Badge (which I lost because of 2 unresponsive clients). The client didn't change the milestone deadline and just simply stopped responding to my messages. In the meantime, I lost my Rising Talent Badge.

No, missing the milestone date has no effect at all. That's just between you and the client. What is likely to have an effect is harassing the client when they've said they need time. Let that one sit till they are ready and keep looking for other work in the meantime.

I told him that if I don't deliver on time, it would affect my JSS and Rising Talent Badge (which I lost because of 2 unresponsive clients).

Why did you lie to the client?

Now, I haven't heard from him since 02 November, 2020. I have tried to contact him 4 times, but he hasn't replied.

Clients can't change deadlines and they are utterly irrelevant to Upwork and you need to leave the client alone. You are heading for bad feedback the way you are going, and rightly so!

I'm sure this inactive project is taking a toll on my JSS,

No, it doesn't affect your JSS AT ALL!

But somewhere down the line, Upwork will have to give freelancers a fair shot against rude and unfair clients.

The client was neither rude nor unfair. You asked the client to do something that is impossible and unnecessary and then bugged him. The client TOLD you the project is delayed. Concentrate on your other work.

That's quite an out of proportion response from you. I don't get what has caused you to make a personal attack against a person you barely know. I'm referring to you calling me a liar. The criteria of Rising Talent Badge has this sentence "Complete projects on time and as promised to clients." Either the criteria page is wrong or you are.

Second, I know clients can't change the deadlines. I asked him to give me an approximate idea for how long the project might be put on hold, so that I can make a deadline modification request. But he didn't respond.

Third, this is the onlysensible point you've made, I didn't know this bit. The rest of your reply is quite disproportionate to be honest, and you should work on your word selection.
Fourhtly, you've referred to the deadline change request again. I've already cleared it in the second point.

That's quite an out of proportion response from you. I don't get what has caused you to make a personal attack against a person you barely know. I'm referring to you calling me a liar. The criteria of Rising Talent Badge has this sentence "Complete projects on time and as promised to clients." Either the criteria page is wrong or you are.

Second, I know clients can't change the deadlines. I asked him to give me an approximate idea for how long the project might be put on hold, so that I can make a deadline modification request. But he didn't respond.

Third, this is the onlysensible point you've made, I didn't know this bit. The rest of your reply is quite disproportionate to be honest, and you should work on your word selection.
Fourhtly, you've referred to the deadline change request again. I've already cleared it in the second point.

Complete projects on time and as promised to clients.

I can see why you might find this confusing. What upwork is trying to say is: make clients happy by delivering what you promised, so that you get great feedback. What they don't mean is: If you don't do this, WE will punish you. It's rather: if you don't deliver, the client will be unhappy and leave bad feedback.

Your most important statistics is the "clients that would recommend you" percentage. What is it?

Edit; you have a 100% JSS, nothing to worry about at all. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths