🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: LOW Job success
Page options
gurjeetkalsi
Community Member

Percentage of Sucess not increasing

Hello Upwork Team,

My success percentage is not moving, I have completed 4 successful projects in the last week all with a 5-star rating and one with a bonus from the client too. but my percentage is not moving up. it is 96% since then.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,125 REPLIES 1,125
184656fa
Community Member

Hello,
I'm new at UpWork, so I hope I'm in the right place, because I need help with some issues. Today I had my first JSS displayed and it's criticly low (68%).
I have 6 contracts that I have finished with feedback, 4 are 5 stars, 1 is 4.5 and one I had terminated without knowing it can stay without feedback even after job was sucessfully compleated and client was happy. I tried to conntact the client after that but client is unresponsive.
In my ratings I can see that only 60% of clients would reccomend me so I guess it's from private feedbacks. 
Can anyone tell me why is my score so low, how can I increase it, and what I'm doing wrong. Sorry for the bother but I really like UpWork and with this score it will be challenging to land a job.
Thanks in advance

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nermin,

I checked your account and it looks like the calculation of your Job Success Score is accurate. Please know that both private and public feedback are considered in your score's calculation. We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated here.

As long as you do great work for your clients and receive great feedback, your score will climb. For more tips, please see "How Can I improve my score?" section in this help article.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
emaanf
Community Member

Hello Guys, I need to know one thing
I have one private feedback wrong and that drops my job score to 71%
Now in the meantime I have 4 positive feedback
One from my previous client.
How much will my jobscore go up ?

Hi Emaan,

We won't be able to share any specific information regarding how those contracts can contribute to your JSS to increase as there several factors taken into consideration in calculating your score. I'd recommend that you please check this help article to learn more about what affects your score to change. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
canunayon_kevin
Community Member

Please anybody there that can help with my concern. My JSS is not updating since Nov. 15. Supposed to be JSS will update every 2 weeks but it doesn't. Please help.

Thank you...

Kevin C wrote:

Please anybody there that can help with my concern. My JSS is not updating since Nov. 15. Supposed to be JSS will update every 2 weeks but it doesn't.

Just because it hasn't changed does not mean it hasn't been updated. 

Hi Petra,

I got three 5 stars from completed jobs and two 5 stars from my on-going contracts since the last day when my JSS has been updated. And it's almost 4 weeks had passed and my JSS is still not updating. How's that?
steven--nasr
Community Member

this is my profile : https://www.upwork.com/fl/stevennasrr?viewMode=1

I have 8 jobs

5 of them 5 stars and good reviews

1of them 4.5 stars

2 of them no feedback.

How com I got 53 JSS?

This is not fair!!

Upwork has never claimed that JSS is fair.

But I CAN tell you that the JSS function operates the same for all users. So in that sense, it is "fair".

I can assure you that JSS does not operate differently for different people/ (There is no 5 point penalty for people whose name starts with "S", for example.)

If you want to learn more about JSS,

Steven N wrote:

How com I got 53 JSS

It means roughly half your clients left poor private feedback

prathameshkoli
Community Member

Hello,

Hope you all are doing well!

I have finished a project couple of days back. Client has provided the feedback, however I still can't see it on my profile. Since it was a comparitively higher valued project, I wanted the feedback to be reflected on my profile as soon as I possible.

Can you please help me with identifying the reason for such delay?

Also, I had finished a project couple of weeks back. I received 5 star rating from client, but still JSS has remained unchanged. There is not update post 2 weeks not. 

What would be the reasons for the same?

Kindly help me with above 2 points. Appreciate your support.

Thanks and Regards,

Prathamesh

Hi Prathamesh,

Could you reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the contract ID or title so that I can check this further?
Regarding your JSS, JSS is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months windows and it's updated every second week on Sunday. To learn more about the JSS calculation and the factors included in the calculation, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have just sent you a message.

Kindly let me know if you have received the same.

Regards,

Prathamesh

6f6e397d
Community Member

Hi, 

I completed 5 job

2 job in process

I have 2 feedback with 5 stars

My JSS didn't open. 

I earn 760 dollars. But Jss system was not to open. 

What Can I do? 

İs there any problem with my account?

Wait a few days. That last one didn't end until yesterday. 

petra_r
Community Member

Ilbey U wrote:

İs there any problem with my account?

You want to familiarize yourself with Upwork's terms of service, paying specific attention to forbidden site use. It is strictly forbidden to violate academic integrity by doing school/college/university work for students....

shammaq
Community Member

Hi! I have no clue what has happened to my job success. It's been almost a month of 67% job success on my profile. I have 5 months of experience in Upwork and some positive feedbacks. What are the particular points which affect the job success?
Thanks in advance. 

petra_r
Community Member

Shamma Q wrote:

Hi! I have no clue what has happened to my job success. It's been almost a month of 67% job success on my profile. I have 5 months of experience in Upwork and some positive feedbacks. What are the particular points which affect the job success?

Mainly poor private feedback. That certainly seems to be the case with your profile. You have a lot of less than fully enthusiastic public feedback. As clients are generally more open in private feedback, the private feedback  tends to be lower.

"Some" positive feedback isn't good enough.

vaghasiya_ankur
Community Member

Hello all,

I have been doing good since I joined, But this morning I checked my 100% job success score goes down to 97% I wondered as I doesn't get any negative feedback yet, all my previous client satisfied my work. In short, all good with my work and from clients. but I don't know the reason why 3% down my score.

So, My question is, If I keep job invitation and job offer in pending status, It's effect bed in my account?

Thanks in advanced

Hi Ankur,

Your Job Success Score is calculated on 6-, 12-, and 24 months windows and it is updated every second week on Sunday. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the weight of the contract, etc. To learn more about JSS, you can check out this help article. There was also an update on the JSS metrics to reflect the job value in the calculation. You can check out this Community thread for the official announcement.

Regarding your question, keeping invitations and offers in the pending status has no negative effect on your account apart from decreasing your 'Communication Responsiveness' section of your 'My Stats' page as it's displaying your average invitation response time, which is also shown on your profile. For more information on the 'My Stats' page, you can check this help article.

Also, for each offer you receive, you will have 7 days to accept it and if you take no action, the offer will be revoked automatically. If an Enterprise client sends you an offer, the time to accept the offer is 30 days before it's revoked.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sameed_ahmad
Community Member

why isn't my JSS score Updated on DEC 20 it's still stuck on 81% after I completed a Job on 8th December with a 5-star Review.

Am I missing something, Can anyone guide me?

cutoutzone
Community Member

I have 7 review(5 star)

I have no negetive review 

but my job success score is 79%

why?

sameed_ahmad
Community Member

why isn't my JSS score Updated on DEC 20 it's still stuck on 81% after I completed a Job on 8th December with a 5-star Review.

Am I missing something, Can anyone guide me?

When would I get a response?

Hi Sameed,

Please keep in mind that your JSS is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months windows. Completing a contract does not mean that your JSS will go up or down, it is also possible to stay the same as it was.

To learn more about the factors included in your JSS calculation, check out this Help Article and this announcement Post. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
afifh
Community Member

how can I improve jss score although  just contract got canceled and because of it my jss got down to 89

percent. 

lysis10
Community Member

More jobs and ratings. Long term jobs are also a positive factor.

studiovela
Community Member

Can I really not be above an 88%? It’s been a couple months, I’ve had several positive projects complete and then rehire me for more work. The reviews I know are not factored in, but I’ve also discussed with clients leaving a positive review and anything else I can do to help on a job. Is this such an average that it’s just not moving right now? I get jobs I want still but can’t budge this 88%! I feel really discouraged today. Any advice or looking into my account is appreciated!

Hi Peg,

Your Job Success Score is calculated on 6-, 12-, and 24 months windows and it is updated every second week on Sunday. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the weight of the contract, etc. To learn more about JSS, you can check out this help article. There was also an update on the JSS metrics to reflect the job value in the calculation. You can check out this Community thread for the official announcement.

As long as you do great work for your clients and receive great feedback, your score will climb. For more tips, please see "How Can I improve my score?" section in this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kartalovpeter
Community Member

Hello, I was hoping I can get some answers about my job success score. I just noticed today that it was shown for the first time on my profile and it's at 88%. My question is why is my job success score 88% when so far I have successfully completed 4 projects rated 5 stars each, and I have 2 active contracts still working on them, well within the time-frame we set up for delivery. I have not failed or been late to a single contract deliverable and yet my job success score is below 100%?

One more question is what more can I do to get the Rising Talent badge? I see freelancers that have only 1 completed project and they have rising talent, and I got 4 projects completed with 5 star ratings and 2 in progress and still no badge. Is there anything else I can do to get the badge? I have read the requirements criteria in the upwork help center and I have all the prerequisites

Once you have a JSS, you are no longer eligible for Rising Star.  Also, the clients also leave a private review which is what actually affects your JSS and which is, indeed, private and cannot be seen by the freelancer.

It doesn't make sense why someone would rate me 5 stars for a completed project and then leave a different review in the private reviews

moadel_
Community Member

Hello, Now my JSS is 100%, Currently I'm enrolling on a new course to improve my skills, May It takes most of my time So I'd ask if that's would affect on my JSS or not ?
Thanks in advance !

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed, 

Your Job Success score is updated every two weeks, and it’s important to note any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time. Because we look at trends over a 24-month period, you can see your score change, even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of the 24-month window. You may read more about how your Job Success Score is computed in this help article. 

~ Avery
Upwork
yeshel10
Community Member

Hi, I hope you all are doing great.

My JSS started showing up yesterday on my profile, which is 89%. I was told that the lower than expected score could be due to negative private feedback. But today, my client recommendation score has appeared on My Stats, and it's 100%.

I have completed 5 jobs, with all 5 stars. But one of my clients had to end an hourly contract with zero earnings, because he wanted to work through fixed price. He did leave 5 star feedback on contract with zero earnings. Is the low score because of that?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yeshel,

Your Job Success Score calculation includes multiple factors such as public and private feedback, long-term relationships, etc. We won't be able to advise regarding which contracts exactly affected your Job Success score, but we recommend that you read up on this help article and this Community post for more information on how your score is calculated.

~ Avery
Upwork
yeshel10
Community Member

Thank you for your response, Avery. I've gone through the provided links. Since all of my completed jobs are one-off projects, it essentially works against me, because the UpWork algorithm values long term relationships more. Am I right?

petra_r
Community Member

Yeshel A wrote:  Am I right?

Not really. Long term relationships can help your JSS, but a lack of those does not hurt your JSS.

vicenquintero
Community Member

I am new on Upwork. Joined three weeks ago. I am concerned about my Job Success Score. Even though all my clients rated me 5 stars (at least publicly), I've just got my first job success score and it is only 78%. What can I do to rise it?

I partialy refunded some of the past contracts though. I think one of them left no feedback, since we have to wait some time to launch his website. And I left a contract open with no activity.

I have been doing a great effort to develop my profile in less than a month (I've heard that it is difficult to get a job when one is still a newbie) and I find this JSS to be worrifying.

Hi Vicente, 

I'm quite impressed with your Work History, and your testimonials. A lot of freelancers agree that it takes some time to be able to land a job in the freelancing marketplace.

Your Job Success Score is affected by your performance in the past 24-months. I would assume that you do not have enough jobs to compute your score from, which is why you have 78% as your score. I would recommend continuing doing great work on your current contracts to increase your score. You may read more about how your score is calculated in these articles here and here for more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths