🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why didn't my job go up?
Page options
gurjeetkalsi
Community Member

Percentage of Sucess not increasing

Hello Upwork Team,

My success percentage is not moving, I have completed 4 successful projects in the last week all with a 5-star rating and one with a bonus from the client too. but my percentage is not moving up. it is 96% since then.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,125 REPLIES 1,125
bde78dc9
Community Member

Hi Please help!
In my first Three months of Upwork journey I have earned more than 1k withut the jss score ( completed 8 jobs and 2 in progress). But since the JSS came 79% it has been hard for me getting hired how hard I try. Now I understand when the JSS first came most of my higher value jobs were in progress. So i waited two weeks, completed the jobs in between and got high praise from my clients. I worked so hard and my result was so good that I am sure they did not gave any low private feedbacks. Today the jss came and it is still 79%. Despite my hard work it is really frustrating because my journey is being affected for this low jss. What can i do?

petra_r
Community Member

Pratik B wrote:

What can i do?

Wait.

It may not have updated across the board yet. Give it a few more hours. It is never reliable until evening UTC, sometimes late evening and sometimes even Monday morning.

Pratik B wrote:

Hi Please help!
In my first Three months of Upwork journey I have earned more than 1k withut the jss score ( completed 8 jobs and 2 in progress). But since the JSS came 79% it has been hard for me getting hired how hard I try. Now I understand when the JSS first came most of my higher value jobs were in progress. So i waited two weeks, completed the jobs in between and got high praise from my clients. I worked so hard and my result was so good that I am sure they did not gave any low private feedbacks. Today the jss came and it is still 79%. Despite my hard work it is really frustrating because my journey is being affected for this low jss. What can i do?

Grats. It came out a few minutes ago.

Your updated JSS is 88%.

Yes! Feels good! Now time to push it 90+. Thank you all

Pratik B wrote:

Yes! Feels good! Now time to push it 90+. Thank you all

Yo. Two notches away from freedom.

Earned through so many hard knocks you likely won't forget 😉

penngrp
Community Member

Hi,

Just slightly confused. When I looked at my JSS this morning it remained the same, however my clients who would reccomend me increased by 15 points. Two jobs have closed in the past week and a half. Just wondering if it is normal for one to increase by that much, and the other to remain unchanged.

Thank You

petra_r
Community Member

Jeffrey B wrote:

Just slightly confused. When I looked at my JSS this morning it remained the same,

It doesn't seem to have updated yet across the board. Give it a few more hours. It is never reliable until evening UTC, sometimes late evening and sometimes Monday morning.

Jeffrey B wrote:

my clients who would reccomend me increased by 15 points.

That only updates after every several contracts, so it is possible to have a big jump or decline as it has 5 contracts to recalculate with.

penngrp
Community Member

Thank you very much,

Jeffrey B wrote:

Hi,

Just slightly confused. When I looked at my JSS this morning it remained the same, however my clients who would reccomend me increased by 15 points. Two jobs have closed in the past week and a half. Just wondering if it is normal for one to increase by that much, and the other to remain unchanged.

Thank You

'Grats Jeff. Your new JSS is 64%. 

abbas_tauseef
Community Member

Hello y'all.
My profile shows my Jss is 90 percent while the "my state " page has it 89 percent. What could be the problem?

Hey. The new JSS is the updated one.

It takes a while to update site-wide.

alejandrocrespo
Community Member

How long it takes the JSS to adjust to the new numbers? 😕

Hello Alejandro,

Sometimes your JSS may take a bit longer to update and reflect new scores. It may remain unchanged if your new scores based on recent calculation is the same. You can refer to this Help page for more information.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
9a7ebcb3
Community Member

Hello,

My Self Dhiren i am holding upwork profile : https://www.upwork.com/fl/websitedevelopmentwebdeveloper

I am willing to understand JSS method, i am wondering that since last update was happned yesterday but the profice score has been decreased by 1% even having 6 good value 5* reviews by client and not any contract ended in middle of project. I know there is link available about to understand JSS but willing to know in detail for future improvements. Confused no negative reviews no negative scores even that score is decreased instead of increasing. 

I want to understand this and want to take care with immediate effect. 

Hello Dhiren,

Your Job Success Scores reflect a wide range of factors such as both public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. Because the private ratings aren’t included in a freelancer’s star rating, your JSS score may differ dramatically from your star rating. You can read more about the positive and negative indicators that make up your score here.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
c314983b
Community Member

Hello there, 

My job success score has suddenly appeared on my profile and it's 37%! I've done 4 projects, so far, and the least review I got was 4.6 stars out of 5. I don't know what to do? Can I hide it? If not, how can I persuade clients to hire me?

You can't hide it. You can know more about JSS from here **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Reham,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you can't hide your Job Success Score. Your Job Success Score (JSS) measures your client’s satisfaction with your overall work history on Upwork’s platform. It reflects your client’s satisfaction as shown by relationships, feedback, and job outcomes over time

Your JSS is calculated on 6-, 12-, and 24 months windows and it is updated every second week on Sunday. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the weight of the contract, etc. To learn more about JSS, please check out this help article. There was also an update on the JSS metrics to reflect the job value in the calculation. You can check out this Community thread for the official announcement.

~ Nikola
Upwork
eloghosa_ihaza
Community Member

Please I read that feedback or reviews doesn't affect Job Success Score, please can someone tell me what actually affects it, please?

I don't know where you read that, but feedback (specifically private feedback) absolutely does affect your JSS. I don't know what other factors are considered or what percentage goes toward calculating JSS...

f9e2930f
Community Member

Hello,
I am new to Upwork. And I recently completed 4 jobs for 2 clients. And got 61% on JSS, despite that 
1) both of my 2 clients are totally happy and left me 5-star reviews both in public and private reviews.
2) all the works have been done in time.

So the question is, why my JSS is 61%?

I asked the support but they are not answering me properly. First, they said that it might be because my clients might leave me bad reviews in PRIVATE. But after I talked to my clients and figured out that they both left me 5star reviews in private and in public. I then went back to the support and asked again how is this possible, and if there's a mistake and all they said was that there's no mistake but they gave no explanation on how is this possible.

So now I am here asking, how is this possible that I have 61% JSS with all of my clients being totally happy and leaving me excellent 5-star reviews (both in public and private) and all jobs being done in time? 

"But after I talked to my clients and figured out that they both left me 5 star reviews in private and in public."

This is impossible as private feedback relates to whether or not they recommend you and is not a star system. I do see your profile and everyone left pretty good comments which is unusal.

Were there any contracts that were refunded, and therefore wouldn't appear on your portfolio? These could still effect JSS.

Is it possible one of your clients mistakenly didn't reccomend you or misunderstood the question being asked?

Were there any contracts that were refunded, and therefore wouldn't appear on your portfolio? These could still effect JSS.
- no. I have only these 4 jobs, all done in time.

Is it possible one of your clients mistakenly didn't reccomend you or misunderstood the question being asked?
-
no because I talked to them and they said that they left me excellent reviews in private as well.

This is impossible as private feedback relates to whether or not they recommend you and is not a star system. 
- I didn't mean to say that it's necessarily a star system. What I meant was that I asked them and they confirmed that they left excellent reviews in private as well. 

I do see your profile and everyone left pretty good comments which is unusal.
- what do you mean is unusual? The fact itself that they left a pretty good comment or that despite this fact i got 61% JSS?

Hi Deniz, I am sorry to hear that your JSS has dropped like that but it makes sense, as you only have few contracts so their effect is so high on your JSS. Regarding the contracts' Public feedback, no doubt that you've got 5 Stars, however, You will never know what your clients gave you as Private feedback (Out of 10 Not 5). Even if you asked your clients, they might have given you a bad private review, but they don't what you to know. Also, the support will never reveal what happened exactly in your private feedback because it is "Private".

So the more important question is how to fix this?
This might be challenging because of your low JSS but it is not impossible.
Try hard to get more contracts and do your best to finish them successfully. Don't push the clients to give you good reviews, however, you can politely ask them ONCE. After finishing some projects successfully, you will notice a boost in your JSS.

I wish you the best of luck!

Youssef

Thank you Youssef for your reply

Don't push the clients to give you good reviews, however, you can politely ask them ONCE.
- I never asked my clients to give me good feedback. Never. Not even once. 

You will never know what your clients gave you as Private feedback (Out of 10 Not 5). Even if you asked your clients, they might have given you a bad private review, but they don't what you to know. 
- I just don't think this is the case... but thank you...

... but it makes sense, as you only have few contracts so their effect is so high on your JSS
- well in my opinion it just doesn't make any sense.  Because all of my 4 contacts have great reviews (I don't know if you read this part) both publicly and privately.

I put so much effort into doing everything right, and I did everything right and now I don't even know the reason why this thing happened. The support is just not explaining it, ignoring my question WHAT WAS THE REASON FOR THIS, instead, they are keeping to answer some irrelevant stuff like what could be the reason (but all those reasons are examined and excluded), so I ended up here. 

With all due respect, I don't think that you examined the most obvious reason for your issue [Which is Private Feedback]. Asking your clients about it does not prove anything unless they have recorded a video while doing it and showed you that video. Even the support is not allowed to tell you anything more than that this might be the reason, they can't share anything more because it is private.

Deniz, it must be hard to believe your clients are either lying or forgot what feedback they left you in private.
It's called "Private feedback" for a reason.
Don't ask a question when the answer is obvious.

okay, thank you. The problem is I can't check if you're right or wrong. 
But I got your point so thank you.

abb0275d
Community Member

A client gave me unauthentic feedback with a 1-star rating. This has reduced my Job Success Score to 75%. I am really angry after this nonsense.
When I went through his profile he has given rude remarks and low star rating to almost everybody. I want to get that false feedback removed.

Hi Tanya,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had. Our team will review your feedback for any violations of our TOS, if any violations are found proper actions will be taken. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Tanya S wrote:
ugh his profile he has given rude remarks and low star rating to almost everybody.

The time to check a client's history is before you accept the contract, not after it has ended. Nothing about the feedback violates the terms of service.

Tanya S wrote:
 I want to get that false feedback removed.

You could refund in full, which would remove the visible feedback, It won't remove the impact in the JSS.

mzain_ul_abdeen
Community Member

I've done six jobs and each job has a five-star rating, and since I got a job score, that's how my job score is not going.

Muhammad Z wrote:

I've done six jobs and each job has a five-star rating, and since I got a job score, that's how my job score is not going.

Presumably you are trying to ask why your job success score is not improving? It's hard to know as your post is difficult to understand.

You haven't completed (!) a contract since March. Overall, you had 6 contracts, More than one of them clearly came with less than stellar private feedback, hence your poor 75% JSS.

Were there any contracts where nothing was paid? Cancelled, refunded?

It will only improve if you complete contracts with clients who are genuinely very happy with how the contract went.

You can tell me which job contains the file.

Muhammad Z wrote:

You can tell me which job contains the file.

Do you mean you would like to know which contracts came with poor private feedback? No, it's called "private" because it is, well, private.

Now what do I do to increase my job score please tell me a solution

clippingfiximage
Community Member

Hello dear, 

I am Pronob Kumer. I am professional photo editor but I have no idea how to improve my job success? Please let me know how to write professional cover letter in upwork? Please help me? I want to work upwork professionally. Because it's my main focus and main time job. Thank you. 

Sincerely, 

Pronob Kumer. 

artisttalha
Community Member

4 week has been gone, but not changes in my JSS and eligible weeks. My JSS does not decrease and increase. when I received my JSS 84% and I completed more jobs, but no changes in my JSS and eligible weeks. So what is the problem? Please help me

Hi Muhammad,

Job Success Scores reflect a wide range of factors such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Please these help articles for more info about how JSS and Top Rated Eligible Weeks are calculated.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths