🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Percentage of Sucess not increasing
Page options
gurjeetkalsi
Community Member

Percentage of Sucess not increasing

Hello Upwork Team,

My success percentage is not moving, I have completed 4 successful projects in the last week all with a 5-star rating and one with a bonus from the client too. but my percentage is not moving up. it is 96% since then.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,125 REPLIES 1,125
mohitdhoriya
Community Member

Last month I closed 4 contracts successfully. Got good reviews on all of them and some where from old clients. But even then my job success score has not changed. Now , I agree there is another private feedback which is not shown on the my profile but I'm confident that I've got good feedbacks in that as well. Since a couple of months my score is not increasing even when I'm closing contracts with good feedbacks. Please anyone help me out. 

i_am_saqib
Community Member

Hi,
hope you are well
I completed my all jobs successfully all jobs rating is 5/5 but my job success score is 83%.

Maybe your clients' private feedbacks are not all 100%.

sheuliakter333
Community Member

Hey,

I have faced a few problems with my Job Succes Score. Can any customer support member talk to me? I cannot be sent a message to Upwork customer support.

Thank you

Saima

Hi Saima,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind sharing the issue you're experiencing here? We'd be happy to escalate, if needed, to the appropriate team. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Recently I have completed some projects. But My JSS doesn't increase. So, I think my JSS update has several issues. That's why I talk to support. What is the reason for don't increase the JSS?

Saima, 

Upwork is not going to tell you exactly why your jss is not increasing. Because by then you may passively assumed how they calculate it. They may only let you know either it calculation is okay or not.

As your recently completed projects are comparatively less amount, so those projects impact comparatively less on JSS. The higher project amount, the higher the weight of jss for that project. 

l_lokichioko
Community Member

My JSS was last updated on April 3rd. It rose from 89% to 94%. However, I have logged to my account today and I have seen that my JSS has dropped to 91% before the two weeks assessment window period has ended. Please check what is going on with this.

Also my number of top rated weeks have not increased despite me having above 90% JSS score for the last two weeks. Number of top rated weeks still stuck at 2 weeks

Hi Josiah,

Your JSS can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out. To learn more about your JSS, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks for your reply. Yes I understand. But it changed 3 days after it was updated. Maybe you could check my account?

Hi Josiah, 

I can confirm an issue with updating the Job Success Score last 3-April. There was a delay in updating the score. The information on My Stats took some time to catch up but should now show the correct score and date. I want to clarify that your score on 26-March was 94, and it dropped to 91 on the 3-April update. I apologize for the delay. 

As for your To Rated eligible weeks, 
for the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. If a suitable week falls off the weekly calculation, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will grow, provided you meet the requirements. You can find more information here.

~ Avery
Upwork
de2ab198
Community Member

I have completed 6 jobs with 100%score

But 1 client gave me 1 star

Total jobs- 7

Completed-6

Total stars - 7*5

Total 5 stars rate- 6*5

Percentage should be (31/35)*100 = 88%

Why it is showing 79%?

This is effected to my profile

This is not how the JSS is calculated. It is based on private feedback (which you obviously don't know) and the stars are pretty much irrelevant. The contract you received 1* in must have had poor private feedback, due to which your JSS has dropped significantly.

No, it's correct. The client that left 1 (!) star probably left bad private feedback, and other clients were privately not totally happy either. 

Sanjana,

This is not the method how Upwork calculates jss. Although Upwork does not tell us how they calculate it, but there are so many factors to calculate it. Some of these have been revealed like public feedback, private feedback, project earning, duration (long term on going project indicates positive), so on.

There might be different weight factors for those factors (it's my assumption).

So your average calculation is not work for jss.

Moreover, I have seen your profile, your 1 star project is largest project for you based on your earnings, so it impacts highest on your JSS. 

Here is a help article to give you more insights on JSS Calculation.

Job Success Score – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

7b937458
Community Member

Once I have got my first projects, I was doing great for a starter on Upwork 7 projects all of them 5stars and great comments, I was getting invitations right and left, and had no problem landing 2 projects a week

Suddenly my Job success score came out crushing my profile with 70%, first I thought it was not a bad thing, it means my clients are happy with my job and it may as well mean that(7 out of 10 means good and passable), but the point is that the same number to future clients means NO MORE JOBS!

So isn't it better to have a warning for scores under 8, like if you want to run this freelancer out of business give him a 7 or less

86b0d3d1
Community Member

I had one 4 star review from a client. Because of this my job success score decrease to 93%. After that I have done many other jobs with 5 star reviews but my job success is not increasing. Please explain why and when it will increase .

uniyaldhruv19
Community Member

My JSS didn't got updated today, I need help regarding this.

Hi Dhruv,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
agustin1979
Community Member

Please could anyone check my job success score?

Im 5k+ earnings freelance with some 5/5 clients  feedbacks (and others worst cliente feedbacks) but my job success score its 30%

Please can you help me? Thanks 

Agustín 

JSS is based mostly on private feedback. Some clients must have given a not so perfect private feedback when leaving you a review. 

There is good news and bad news. The good news is it's not 30%. I see your JSS @ 59%, the bad news, however, is, that it's still not good enough to attract new clients! 

If and when you get new projects, you must ensure the client is fully satisfied and you try to deliver above his expectations, that is the only way to get some awesome feedback and boost your JSS. 

For the project that ended on 04th April, the client did not leave any feedback or rating. The client has 14 days to do so, so the window is still open. If you are sure you have fully satisfied the client, you can ask him to leave feedback for you! If he gives you positive private and public feedback it can boost the JSS a little. 

A lot of people here will disagree with me on asking the client to leave feedback, I don't think there is anything wrong in it, just don't ask for a specific rating.

Ashraf K wrote:

There is good news and bad news. The good news is it's not 30%. I see your JSS @ 59%,

It's 30%

The public view updates after the internal one

If you are sure you have fully satisfied the client, you can ask him to leave feedback for you! If he gives you positive private and public feedback it can boost the JSS a little.

There is never any need for that..

You can simply encourage the client to close the contract, with no need to stoop to asking for feedback.

If the client closes the contract, the freelancer is guaranteed feedback.

A lot of people here will disagree with me on asking the client to leave feedback,

And they are absolutely right.

Agustin,

Your JSS is 59%. But it is extremely poor JSS. You completed 8 projects but only your first project had 5* public feedback, rest of all projects had poor public feedback so definitely those had bad private feedback. It demonstrates that problem is not from client side, problem is yours. Try to provide good quality work to your clients in future. 

petra_r
Community Member

Md Nazmul Hasan D wrote:

Your JSS is 59%

It won't be when it fully updates.

Thanks Ms Petra,

So, why is different private feedback and starts given?

Thanks 

Agustín 

Agustin M wrote:

Please could anyone check my job success score?

Im 5k+ earnings freelance with some 5/5 clients  feedbacks (and others worst cliente feedbacks) but my job success score its 30%

Please can you help me? Thanks 

Agustín 

I'm afraid there is no confusion.
You have four jobs with 3.15, 3.70, 3.05 and 3.80 stars and one with 4.60 stars.
If the client has given you some private comments according to the stars, these must have been very low.

agustin1979
Community Member

Just a clarification please:

Score its out of 5 so:

3.15/5 its 63%

3.70/5 its 74%

4.60/5 its 92%

Im wron? Thanks 

Agustín 

You do not know what the clients left as a private feedback, and it is considered into JSS calculation. So you cannot calculate it only with the stars given.

So, why is different private feedback and starts given? 

b642e116
Community Member

Hi,

I finished five jobs for 4 different clients. My JSS is 74% and on my status, Clients who would recommend me are 80%. out of my four clients, there is one who disputed me and hearts me on the private feedback. Is there anything I can do to recover my JSS? I was doing very well before JSS appears, but now I can't secure any more work.

Thank you.

Mohamed Tantawi
amu_97
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

My reviews have been good and more have come in but my JSS is not improving. Please tell me if its a technical error and if not how do i improve it.

ifrahr
Community Member

Hey my JSS score is not updating even after 3 successful jobs with 5 star rating and my client recommendation rate is 88%. Please help me

ifrahr
Community Member

Hey, my score is not increasing even after my client recommendation rate is 88% and also I have done 4 jobs with 5 star rating. Previously it was 60% and after these jobs it is again 60%. When will it increase? I am waiting. Please help early.

ifrahr
Community Member

This is my third time when I am not getting any response from the support. My JSS is not increasing after completion of 4 job. Please check it out and increase it.

moha_benaoumeur
Community Member

Hi,

I finally got my JSS calculated. However, the score is 69% which is lower than what I was expecting, I've done 5 projects which were completed successfully, 4 of them left positive feedback with 5 stars and one of them didn't leave any feedback which also was completed successfully and the client was satisfied. 

I would really know what makes it go low?

What type of score were you expecing? You have a $30 project with no feedback, so let's assume at best he gave you private feedback of 4 or 5 stars out of 10, however it could have been lower. then you have 3 jobs, which in no way should even be considered as part of the JSS, of $10, $5 and $3. Then you have another $30 job, which probably helped you greatly in even getting 69%.

Just my opinion.

yeah probably, since it's not clear how JSS is calculated. But the 4 jobs were completed successfully with 5 stars. and the first one was also completed successfully but the client didn't leave any feedback (because he doesn't know how to do it). 

Community Member

Hi there,

I am facing a problem on my account, around 3-4 my JSS is not updating, I have 5 star reviews on my all recent projects. My iscore is not updating. Please help me out.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members