Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Percentage of Sucess not increasing

Active Member
Anindya S Member Since: Sep 29, 2020
21 of 153

It has been a few months on Upwork. And I received my Job Success score which is 91%.

 

I fail to understand this, I have completed 4 jobs so far all with a 5-star review.

 

If I receive any private negative feedback, is it possible to dispute that?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
22 of 153

Anindya S wrote:

If I receive any private negative feedback, is it possible to dispute that?


No.

91% is great. As long as you keep above 90% it's not an issue.

Active Member
Darius P Member Since: Oct 19, 2020
23 of 153

Hello,  i do not understand how upwork counts job success score... Now after two weeks update job success score from 100% down to 92% last jobs from clients i have  five stars ratings so i really do not understand... This is unfair i am always friendly can help client maximum. I think time to look for where I can work elsewhere and left upwork.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
24 of 153

Darius P wrote:

Now after two weeks update job success score from 100% down to 92% last jobs from clients i have  five stars ratings so i really do not understand... 


Private feedback.

 


Darius P wrote:

 I think time to look for where I can work elsewhere and left upwork.


Don't overreact! 92% is still a great JSS. Everything over 90% is good. You're top rated. Nothing to leave Upwork over when you're working and making money.

Active Member
Darius P Member Since: Oct 19, 2020
25 of 153

Hello, Petra. From 100 down to 92 its good? I done last jobs from clients and have five stars. If freelancer have five stars from clients how i lost 8% score?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
26 of 153

Darius P wrote:

If freelancer have five stars from clients how i lost 8% score?


stars are irrelevant.

The private feedback counts.

Active Member
Muhammad Abdul Reh A Member Since: May 2, 2019
27 of 153

I am working on a project and I have successfuly delivered the first milestone. However, during the second milestone, the client told me that because of some hardware changes, they were conducting internal tests. So, during this period the work on the second milestone had to be stopped. It was understandable, so I agreed and asked him to extend the deadline for the milestone. I told him that if I don't deliver on time, it would affect my JSS and Rising Talent Badge (which I lost because of 2 unresponsive clients). The client didn't change the milestone deadline and just simply stopped responding to my messages. In the meantime, I lost my Rising Talent Badge.

So, I had to send him atleast 2-3 messages and wait for days to get a reply from him. I again asked him to change the milestone deadline but he just ignored the message. Now, I haven't heard from him since 02 November, 2020. I have tried to contact him 4 times, but he hasn't replied.

I'm sure this inactive project is taking a toll on my JSS, which is standing at 80% at this time. All my reviews are 5 stars, except for one 4.65 star review, and I have completed all my jobs, no job has ever failed. Now I'm having trouble getting hired because of my JSS. I'm sure moderators will have a justification for the situation, and the answer for the freelancers is always to "wait" and play by the rules the clients set.

I just want Upwork to save freelancers from rude and insensitive clients. Someone can willingly destroy a freelancer's JSS and there's nothing the freelancer can do. This is unfair. I'm writing this out of frustration, and I know I won't find a solution for this. But somewhere down the line, Upwork will have to give freelancers a fair shot against rude and unfair clients.

Have a good day!

 

 

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
28 of 153

wrote:

 

I'm sure this inactive project is taking a toll on my JSS, which is standing at 80% at this time. All my reviews are 5 stars, except for one 4.65 star review, and I have completed all my jobs, no job has ever failed.


No, you have a 4.65 AND a 4.0 feedback rating - those are what caused your JSS to decline, not "unresponsive" clients. It's not that big a deal if a client doesn't respond for a few days, and you shouldn't make a nuisance of yourself by bombarding them with messages. It also doesn't affect your JSS if the client wants to delay the project deadline.

 


@abdul4595 wrote:

I told him that if I don't deliver on time, it would affect my JSS and Rising Talent Badge (which I lost because of 2 unresponsive clients).


You have a JSS score, that's why you don't have a rising talent badge (you can't have both). Deadlines have nothing to do with that.

Active Member
Muhammad Abdul Reh A Member Since: May 2, 2019
29 of 153

Well, either you didn't understand properly, or you just don't want to. Firstly, you have written that an absence of a "few days" is fine; yes that is! But you failed to read that it isn't a few days in this case, it has been a few weeks, 3, to be precise.
Secondly, you've mentioned that it doesn't affect the JSS if a client wants to delay the deadline. I know that, and that is why I asked him to delay the deadline, but he didn't. And that is what was not fair.
The JSS appeared several days after I had lost my badge.

Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
30 of 153

Muhammad Abdul Reh A wrote:

... asked him to extend the deadline for the milestone. I told him that if I don't deliver on time, it would affect my JSS and Rising Talent Badge (which I lost because of 2 unresponsive clients). The client didn't change the milestone deadline and just simply stopped responding to my messages. In the meantime, I lost my Rising Talent Badge.

 


No, missing the milestone date has no effect at all. That's just between you and the client. What is likely to have an effect is harassing the client when they've said they need time. Let that one sit till they are ready and keep looking for other work in the meantime.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS