cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Percentage of Sucess not increasing

Aleksandr P Member Since: Dec 23, 2019
51 of 153

I've just read a FAQ on private and public customer feedbacks. Now, I am wondering how these two types of feedbacks (public and private) are summarized. For, example if a customer provide excellent public feedback, 100% and a very bad private feedback, 0 (extermely unlikely). What will be the result?

Hifzur R Member Since: Dec 1, 2020
52 of 153

Hi. I have 6 jobs completed in the last 2 months, but my job success scores not yet available. On the "My Stats" page it's showing "Last updated Nov 22" but nothing has shown yet. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
53 of 153

Hi Hifzur,

JSS updates every second Sunday. The updated score should display on the next calculation. 

-Joanne
Untitled
54 of 153

I've recently read Upwork FAQ article on public and private feedbacks which cusomers can provide. Just wondering, in case a customer gives 100% (excellent) public feedback and 0 as private feedback, what would be the resulting JSS?

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
55 of 153

No one who posts on this board knows exactly what effect specific feedback from any client will have on your JSS, but the consensus seems to be that private feedback is far, far more important than public feedback.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
56 of 153

I think that situations in which clients give good public feedback but bad private feedback are extremely rare. If you're providing great quality and service and - this is key - not giving your clients any reason to think that you'll have a total meltdown if they give you less than a perfect score, then your public and private feedback should be similar.

57 of 153

I want to know how JSS would be calculated in this case. I don't care the reason why a customer can put 0 or 100%.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
58 of 153

Aleksandr P wrote:

I want to know how JSS would be calculated in this case. I don't care the reason why a customer can put 0 or 100%.

In that case, Will already gave you the best answer that you're going to get. Upwork won't say exactly how they calculate the JSS.

59 of 153
Christine A wrote:

Aleksandr P wrote:

In that case, Will already gave you the best answer that you're going to get. Upwork won't say exactly how they calculate the JSS.

Do you mean it might be the case that in case of 100% public feedback and 0(zero) private feedback, a freelancer can get 0 as a result?

Actually, I don't see any note saying JSS calculation algorithm is private. Can you give me the link to the appropriate text? Thank you

Ace Contributor
Mark S Member Since: Apr 8, 2020
60 of 153

Hello - So, I noticed that my Job Success score was at 76%. 

So, I asked Clients who didnt give me feedback to do so. One just got back to me and posted a 5 Star rating. I saw it under Contracts and was thrilled.

But my score hasnt changed at all. Its still at 76%. Is there a grace period or approval process that happens before my score increases? Or - hard to imagine - my score is not gonna change?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS