🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Percentage of Sucess not increasing
Page options
gurjeetkalsi
Community Member

Percentage of Sucess not increasing

Hello Upwork Team,

My success percentage is not moving, I have completed 4 successful projects in the last week all with a 5-star rating and one with a bonus from the client too. but my percentage is not moving up. it is 96% since then.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,125 REPLIES 1,125
prabeshparajuli
Community Member

Dear Sir/Madam,
My Job Success Score (JSS) was 96 percent before 2 weeks. Today is the day for it to be updated. I had completed the tasks of nearly around $200 within those two weeks, but my JSS is not updated. It is still 96 percent. It was increasing regularly after every two weeks.
Will it be increased? I wanted to know about it so I posted this post.
Please help me !!
Kindly let me know.
Thanks

Prabesh P wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
My Job Success Score (JSS) was 96 percent before 2 weeks. Today is the day for it to be updated. I had completed the tasks of nearly around $200 within those two weeks, but my JSS is not updated. It is still 96 percent. 

That's the way percentages work. The closer you get to 100%, the more it takes to increase more. 

Also, you only completed one tiny little contract since the last update. That wouldn't be enough to increase your JSS when it's that close to 100%.

Hello Petra,
I worked for more contracts 4, 5 contracts but they are not closed yet. I worked for one contract which was of $104 and other mini contracts. Is it necessary for the contract to be ended to increase the JSS?
I think that’s why my JSS is not updated this week. Is it so?
Thanks
saad-jamal
Community Member

Hi, I got a couple of good private and public feedback but my JSS is not updated today.

As after 2 week, it should have been updated today

Please help

Thank You

Hi Saad,

I checked and can confirm that the score displaying on your profile is accurate. Note that factors such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients can have an impact on your overall score. You may want to check this help article to learn more. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
saad-jamal
Community Member

My JSS has not been updated 

Please help

Hello Saad,

Sometimes your JSS may take a bit longer to update and reflect new scores. It may remain unchanged if your new scores based on recent calculation is the same. You can refer to this Help page for more information.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
b_navadiya
Community Member

In my agency all job done with 5 stars.

but My  agency JSS 79%

Why?

Brijesh N wrote:

In my agency all job done with 5 stars.

but My  agency JSS 79%

Why?

Stars are largely irrelevant. It's private feedback that matters for the JSS, and it seems your agency had less than stellar private feedback on one or more contracts.

9387be10
Community Member

Hello Team, 

Hope everything is good at your side. I have completed more than 50 projects on upwork with all 5-star rating and awesome feedback. Only one customer gave me low rating and bad feedback. that lower my JSS to 96%. 

Guys, is that fair ?

can somebody please explain me or tell me how do i get back my 100% JSS ?

Thanks

Muhammad

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Shahbaz S wrote:

Only one customer gave me low rating and bad feedback. that lower my JSS to 96%?

That's how percentages work.

can somebody please explain me or tell me how do i get back my 100% JSS ?

Have you used your Top Rated Perk in the last 3 months and 10 contracts? If not, you could use it now.

Otherwise, if you don't have the perk available or don't want to waste it, you can get back to 100% when the last poor outcome falls out of the 6 month calculation window (provided you don't have any more imperfect outcomes).

9387be10
Community Member

I have not used my TOP RATES PERK yet. But my question is that out of more than 50 if 1 customer gives you one bad feedback that effects much ? really ?

petra_r
Community Member

I have not used my TOP RATES PERK yet. But my question is that out of more than 50 if 1 customer gives you one bad feedback that effects much ? really ?

How do you know it was only one contract? It could have been the private feedback in more than one.

shamailakhan
Community Member

Hi,
Why my Job Success Score (JSS) not updated till now? Its been two weeks since it was updated. It was updated on April 4, and today its April 18, Sunday. I am really waiting for my JSS to be updated soon. Please help me and find a solution.
Thanks

It is updated here

No it's not updated 😞 My score is already 86% and I have completed 3 jobs with 5 star ratings but still my rating score is 86% percent why ?

Shumaila K wrote:
No it's not updated 😞 My score is already 86% and I have completed 3 jobs with 5 star ratings but still my rating score is 86% percent why ?

Wait until tomorrow. It doesn't update for everyone at the same time.

Also, just because you had three completed contracts, does not mean your JSS will necessarily go up. The last contract that closed isn't 5 stars either. The client deducted a star for communication.

Yeah I know .15

Can you please tell me why my jss is still not updated ? 

Shumaila K wrote:

Can you please tell me why my jss is still not updated ? 

It is updated. It simply didn't change.

can you please tell me why jss score didn't change ? 

Shumaila K wrote:

can you please tell me why jss score didn't change ? 

Because the recalculated percentage was the same as the previous one. Mine hasn't changed in months either.

but i have successfully completed two big budget jobs with 5 star ratings ?

Shumaila K wrote:

but i have successfully completed two big budget jobs with 5 star ratings ?

You don't know what the private feedback was like.

The stars are largely irrelevant anyway. Clients mostly leave 5 stars regardless of what they thought of the freelancer.

sagorahmad
Community Member

I did 5 work and I didn't have any bad reviews then why my Job success score is 60%, And I fulfill your requirements for rising talent from the beginning then why I get direct job success score?

fda622c0
Community Member

Hello all,

Hope you are safe. As per upwork announcment of upwork that no feedback projects will not affect our job success score but my job success score has decreased from 99% to 98% although I didn't receive any feedback less than 5 stars and some project without feedback. Please support with this urgent issue.

Hi Mahmoud,

Job Success Score is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months window. When contracts are pushed out of these windows your JSS will be calculated on the contracts that are in these time frames. You can check this help article to learn more about how the JSS is calculated. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
fda622c0
Community Member

Dear Joanne,

Kindly note than I haven't exceeded that limit cause I have joined upwork since october 2020 so I didn't exceed the 24 months limit.

Hi Mahmoud, 

The JSS calculation takes into account both private and public feedback, long-term relationships, and jobs with higher earnings also have a bigger impact on your score. I would recommend that you read this help article for more information on what affects your score to change. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
fda622c0
Community Member

Hello Joanne,

I have read the article but I am sure there is something wrong since as per the article, I should get the highest score between 6-12-24 months and my score was 99% for the first 6 months and I have just started my second 6 months so I believe we need to check it. Please check it with the department that is responsible for such issues.

Hello Mahmoud,

A freelancer’s Job Success score is a measure of their work and reputation on Upwork based on client feedback and indicators of client satisfaction. It includes both public and private ratings, long-term relationships, rehires, and contracts that do not result in work delivered. Because the private ratings aren’t included in a freelancer’s star rating, your JSS score may differ dramatically from your star rating. You can read more about the positive and negative indicators that make up your score here.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Mahmoud D wrote:

I should get the highest score between 6-12-24 months and my score was 99% for the first 6 months and I have just started my second 6 months so I believe we need to check it.

Your 6-month window isn't the first 6 months you were on the site, it' the last 6 months. Just as the 12 month window (which includes the 6 month window) isn't the first 12 months, but the last 12 months and so on.

petra_r
Community Member

Mahmoud D wrote:

I didn't receive any feedback less than 5 stars and some project without feedback. 

The stars are irrelevant. Almost all public feedback is 5 stars, the average (!) across the site is 4.9! The contract(s) without feedback have no effect on your JSS, the private feedback left by your clients, however, does.

What counts for the JSS is private feedback.

saleemmuhammad92
Community Member

Hi there,
I have completed my five jobs on Upwork, four jobs with 5 stars and one job with 4.8 stars. But today I have been awarded my JSS which is only 72 instead of 90+.
Can anyone guide me please?
abbas_tauseef
Community Member

I was a rising star till the first week of February but then a client gave me poor private feedback and when my jss appeared, it unfortunately was 75 percent. Another job which I completed after that had helped me boost my score to 83 percent. Since then, apart from bringing one of my personal clients to upwork, I never got any job.
Currently my job success score is 89 percent but nobody hires me. I purchased a lot of connects and spent them on applying for jobs but no luck whatsoever.

Should I leave upwork or is there a way I can win some jobs that may help me increase my jss?
mahmud_sup
Community Member

Hi, Good People,

I am writing from Bangladesh. I enjoy my self employment. I love to work with Upwork. But I don't know how my JSS  is low because all the cllients gave a good rating. However, still I am not going to give up. I want to know how to convince clients when your JSS is low. BTW I have searched and joined in all kinds of courses for knowing more about Upwork from professional. It will be very helpful, if I get some advise on this issue. 

Thanks.

Md. Al Mahmud H. 

branaljosiah
Community Member

Hello, Upwork community.

In the past few months, I have made contracts with some clients who after the job was done, we ended our contract, but they did not left any feedback (I do not imply this negatively, but just as context). Quite few of my clients have contacted me again for another similar work and I humbly asked them if they would mind leaving me a feedback on our previous contracts to which they happily did. 

My question then is that will new "fresh" feedbacks on old contracts affect JSS? 

Thank you so much. Have a nice day!

Josiah, all feedback left on contracts that closed within the last two years will affect JSS.

Hello everyone!

My JSS is not updating, I had 3 new different clients, the "clients who recommended you" raised from 80% to 88%.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you 

petra_r
Community Member

Yazan A wrote:

My JSS is not updating

Wait until this evening UTC. It never updates this early (despite the fact it says "updated today"). Usually it starts to update around between 4 and 6 pm UTC, but different profiles update at different times, some people don't see their new JSS until late evening or even Monday morning. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members