Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Percentage rate for agency

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Esther Alfonsina S Member Since: Oct 10, 2015
1 of 5

Is there some percentage rate for Agency? I beleive it is what we discuss with freelancers....but I have no idea of what a fair % could it be. Is there somewhere I could lear more about this topic? 

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 5

No resource for % that I'm aware of, but I am no expert on the topic. You will have to pay $20 per month to have agency freelancers, so you'll want to earn that back.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Esther Alfonsina S Member Since: Oct 10, 2015
3 of 5

Good point, didn´t though about that haha. Is not much anyways. But I think I´d prefer having more features instead of havin few extra connects.... Agency should be ´´´different´´ I guess. Still re-thinking if it is worth it. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Alvaro S Member Since: May 6, 2020
4 of 5

I am new into upwork and had the same question. I was considering a 30% rate but since I am still figuring out the benefits to the freelancer I cannot yet evaluate if that seems fair or not.  At this moment I see as my deliverables and costs:

Costs

-monthly agency fee of USD20

-connects costs (which can be a good junk since it takes a while until you can actually receive a job offer)

-taxes and other fees (I mean you see say $10/hr there but net payments specially for international transfers maybe way lower - still unable to figure out how much)

-time spent seeking jobs, replying to proponents, building freelancer profiles etc

Deliverables

-Resume review

-Profile review

-Seeking for jobs on your behalf at no cost

Anything else?

Thus if you get a $100 paycheck you as freelancer would reward me say $30.  What I can do maybe is progressive rates, meaning as much money you got less is my agency fee.  I guess I will do that...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

Alvaro S wrote:

Thus if you get a $100 paycheck you as freelancer would reward me say $30. 

Or the freelancers could just get their own jobs and keep the entire money themselves....

Alvaro S wrote:

Anything else?

Playing devil's advocate: You have not won a job in Upwork for yourself yet.

Why would freelancers trust you to win jobs for them?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS