🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Perks for Top Rated Freelancers who have ...
Page options
kenmswazi
Community Member

Perks for Top Rated Freelancers who have earned over $100k+

Hey guys!

I just got an email from Upwork congratulating me on my latest achievement of earning over 100k on the platform over the past 2 years.

It got me thinking whether Upwork could consider giving freelancers who have achieved great feats on the platform, free connects as a way of saying thank you. Or maybe reduce project fees by half.

Am I crazy to consider such a thing or is it something most freelancers like me think should happen?

4 REPLIES 4
tlsanders
Community Member

It seems to me like a thing no freelancer who has earned $100k on the platform could possibly care about.

It would be kind of like a client giving you a $.01 bonus on a $5000 job.

lysis10
Community Member

Ken G wrote:

Hey guys!

I just got an email from Upwork congratulating me on my latest achievement of earning over 100k on the platform over the past 2 years.

It got me thinking whether Upwork could consider giving freelancers who have achieved great feats on the platform, free connects as a way of saying thank you. Or maybe reduce project fees by half.

Am I crazy to consider such a thing or is it something most freelancers like me think should happen?

No, you're not crazy. I'm thinking of other words to describe it.

tlbp
Community Member

If you earn $10k from a single client, your project fee is cut in half. 

kenmswazi
Community Member

I know that. What I mean is that Top-rated freelancers can start at maybe 10% fees for new clients instead of the usual 20%. Just my thoughts.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths