Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perks for Top Rated Freelancers who have earned over $100k+

Highlighted
Ken G Member Since: Aug 19, 2017
1 of 5

Hey guys!

I just got an email from Upwork congratulating me on my latest achievement of earning over 100k on the platform over the past 2 years.

It got me thinking whether Upwork could consider giving freelancers who have achieved great feats on the platform, free connects as a way of saying thank you. Or maybe reduce project fees by half.

Am I crazy to consider such a thing or is it something most freelancers like me think should happen?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 5

It seems to me like a thing no freelancer who has earned $100k on the platform could possibly care about.

It would be kind of like a client giving you a $.01 bonus on a $5000 job.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 5

Ken G wrote:

Hey guys!

I just got an email from Upwork congratulating me on my latest achievement of earning over 100k on the platform over the past 2 years.

It got me thinking whether Upwork could consider giving freelancers who have achieved great feats on the platform, free connects as a way of saying thank you. Or maybe reduce project fees by half.

Am I crazy to consider such a thing or is it something most freelancers like me think should happen?

No, you're not crazy. I'm thinking of other words to describe it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
4 of 5

If you earn $10k from a single client, your project fee is cut in half. 

Highlighted
Ken G Member Since: Aug 19, 2017
5 of 5

I know that. What I mean is that Top-rated freelancers can start at maybe 10% fees for new clients instead of the usual 20%. Just my thoughts.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS