🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Permanent suspended account for not corre...
Page options
angovtrenche
Community Member

Permanent suspended account for not correct reason

Hi,

First of all, i am speaking on behalf of my brother, he didnt want to create new account because of Terms & Conditions of creating New account.

My brother got permanent suspended for the reason that he applied too much for jobs and he didnt get any successfull jobs/earnings while at the time he was already working with a client for a week.

So the client wanted him to work for 70% less money of the awarded project and when he declined him and was going to report the client, his account got permanently suspended for the reason i mentioned above and all his access to support or reporting clients are disabled.

We are guessing that the client reported him for some ridiculously reason and got him banned before he even got the chance to report. 

He tried to complain on Upwork Support but as may you know, the support for permanent suspended users are automatic messages and he cant get with them in touch.

We have read many forums and community posts that permanently suspended account have no chance for unban, but this may be a chance for the support to get his case re-looked again?

Thanks for the time, 
All the best

18 REPLIES 18
petra_r
Community Member

Mary A wrote:

My brother got permanent suspended for the reason that he applied too much for jobs and he didnt get any successfull jobs/earnings

When was that?

Around March/April 2018

Mary A wrote:

Around March/April 2018

Over a year ago and you're asking about it now? 

Yes, it passed time, but he tried many ways to contact Upwork support and he was always getting automated responses

Mary A wrote:

Yes, it passed time, but he tried many ways to contact Upwork support and he was always getting automated responses

Because he was told that his suspension was permanent. That means "for ever"

Upwork has far too many freelancers and every right to remove those it does not consider profitable enough.
The best thing you can do for your brother is to tell him to use one of the many other platforms.

my firend was in the membership plus and he was suspended permanently even he had 125 $ and 3 contacts finished so that will be 400 $ on his account and everything is lost

Hi Mezred,

Unfortunately we can't share details for another user with you. Your friend can refer to the information shared with them on their tickets.  Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

he cannot even log in even if he changes the password they say the password is incorrect

why is upwork customer service is little bit slow

community supposed to help users

youcan not contact a real person just bots

that's why I cannot help a rising talent on upwork (my friend) who really worked over night

and then everything is lost by closing his account even clients are trying to reach him to complete the program because not lot of people can do what he does

Hello Mezred,

Please refer to the information I shared with you via PM. 
Also, please keep in mind that we can't share details for another user with you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello  Gojan ,

Please Do you understand that He cannot connect to upwork ?

If he could why he would use me to share his prolems ?

why no one is helping me ?

tlbp
Community Member

Mezred a wrote:

why no one is helping me ?

Traditionally, once someone is banned, their time on Upwork is over. So there is no help. If your friend has a high-demand skill, tell him to sign up with one of the more exclusive platforms related to that skill or begin marketing himself on LinkedIn. He did something that has caused Upwork to distrust him and probably won't be allowed back on the platform. 

pythonist49
Community Member

Good morning ,

Thanks for your reply

But they did not even tell him the cause so he can fix it or at least give hima solution to withdraw his money ?

versailles
Community Member

Mary A wrote:

We are guessing that the client reported him for some ridiculously reason and got him banned before he even got the chance to report. 

This is an incorrect guess. They won't suspend a freelancer just because a client says so. On the other side, they do kick successful freelancers. Which is not a big deal BTW because if someone is struggling to earn on Upwork, being banned from the platform may actually spare them a lot of time wasting.

Upwork works for some people and doesn't work for the immense majority of others. No freelancer should waste their time with Upwork if it doesn't make them earn good money.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

@Rene k

I didnt say that the client told Upwork to ban him, but that maybe the client reported him for some ridiculous reason and may got him banned.

Also he was just getting started, in other words, he got his first succesfull project done and received 5* feedback from the client, when he started working with the second client within a week, he got banned.

In other words, he was just getting started. He didnt waste his time or clients time or anyone else's time

Mary A wrote:

@Rene k

I didnt say that the client told Upwork to ban him, but that maybe the client reported him for some ridiculous reason and may got him banned.

Also he was just getting started, in other words, he got his first succesfull project done and received 5* feedback from the client, when he started working with the second client within a week, he got banned.

In other words, he was just getting started. He didnt waste his time or clients time or anyone else's time

As you can imagine, they don't kick people just because someone reports their account. If someone's account is reported for a violation of the terms of service, they will look into it and if there is indeed a violation, they may take action. But Upwork won't suspend one's account just because a client reports the account for a ridiculous reason.

Of course, one can find any provision of the terms of service to be ridiculous, but this is a different matter.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Okay then why would they suspend his account for the reason that he submitted unsuccesfull proporsals without any earnings or contracts while he was working with a client with a contract and already he had finished one succesfull project before.

The reason the support emailed him is not fair. He never used all of his connects (60 at the time)  and he was applying only on jobs he found fitting for the job description. His max used connects was 38 and that was way before the first project he worked on.

I know you may say that freelancers should not just spam on the job posts or something, but he was trying to make it work like Upwork wants and not get banned, and after all he got banned.

So now, he cannot create new account ( thats fair and understandable ).

I know that you understand the Upwork Policies, but if You can help us reach the Upwork support to relook his suspension or relook his activity at the time and give us more detailed reason why he got banned that would be great. Because the reason that he applied so many times with no earnings or contracts is not fair.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths