cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent suspension

Florence Carl M Member Since: Nov 28, 2014
1 of 6

Hi Odesk community, my account has been permanently suspended for a duplicate account and support said I can no longer work in odesk and not to contact them again.

What really happened was I heard a job hiring outside of odesk and my sister-inlaw told me to contact somebody through skype. Turned out, she was an agency in odesk and was able to give me a long-term job. She asked for my odesk account and innocently thinking that I should give them the most up to date information, I created another account with my married name. I abandonded my old account which was still in my single name. Now, I am having a very good relationship with my employer and I have already been promoted for my hard work, so not being able to work in odesk is a very big loss for me. I understand that ignorace of the law is not an excuse, but I am currently working in good faith and have never used both accounts at the same time to look for jobs nor did I use another person's identity. I never intended to do any grave offense to deserve this. I hope someone can help me out. 

Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Florence,

Your question is itself the answer, as you have knowingly violated the rules, I don’t think anyone shall consider your case.

However, you may contact support sticking with your primary account (single name one), if you intend to work on oDesk, which shall permanently decline any earnings from your other account (at the sole discretion of oDesk).

Hope it helps, Good Luck.

Manish.

Raymon M Member Since: Nov 28, 2014
3 of 6

I hope they reconsider. 

Raymon M Member Since: Nov 28, 2014
4 of 6

What's wrong with this forum I keep on landing on this topic and send a reply to the incorrect thread so I need to edit my reply so it doesn't sound off topic. grr

Florence Carl M Member Since: Nov 28, 2014
5 of 6

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I humbly admit that I did a mistake and I am not denying that, but I can't do anything about it since the damage has been done. I just hope that they would reconsider my appeal due to the nature of my intention. I hope they can just delete the 2nd account and allow me to start all over again.

I will do what you advised and will contact them using my first account (eventhough they told me not to contact them anymore). 

Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
6 of 6

For further assistance you may Tweet @oDeskhelp for prompt response.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS