cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently deactivated account

Mfonabasi I Member Since: Nov 29, 2016
1 of 6

Hi,

My sister joinedUpwork in September this year and had worked really hard and was almost getting to top rated status. But then she made an honest mistake. A client asked her to send down his goods which had been delivered to her house. She sent the first batch without knowing it wasn't complete. This first batch was paid for and the job completed. But another batch came in and the client asked her to send them to him because the first batch did not contain the correct number of items. He did not create a new contract for her to do this and she had to use part of the money for her baby's food to send the goods. She then asked the client to pay into her paypal account because she needed it urgently. He did so,then upwork permanently deactivated her account,without even consideringthefact that shewas a newbie and didnt realise how wrong this was. She needed that money badly, and now she is stuck at home with no income to care for her special needs child. This is not fair. Please is there no way to at least giveher another chance? Shouldnt Upwork start with a 30 day ban, then proceed accordingly before a permanent deactivation? Why would my sister be treated this when its her first offence?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Mfonabasi,

We won't be able to comment on your sister's suspension here in the Community. She needs to refer to the ticket she has about this issue. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Kazi A Member Since: Oct 15, 2017
3 of 6

Hi Valeria,

I had a successful and great profile with many hourse worked and many jobs done. But my account was suspended 3 years ago (2014). and eventually permanently suspended.

There was no policy violation issue. Since then, I have tried to convey my apology to the risk management team, but they simply closed the ticket.

Can you help me to recover my account?

Thanks,

Kazi 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 6

permanent means like forever and stuff

how do you figure there is no policy violation on a permaban? making that up or you figure there is a possibility that will fly?

Asmaul R Member Since: Jun 5, 2019
5 of 6

I had a upwork account using thus email address :-**Edited for Community Guidelines**. I deactivated it 5 months ago.How can i reactivate it again????

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 6

Hi Asmaul,

Unfortunately you won't be able to use your old email on this account, thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS