🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Persistent problem with messages.
Page options
kamilant
Community Member

Persistent problem with messages.

I see that many people experience this problem over the years. This happens to me virtually every other day since I joined Upwork a year a go.

8a8d0774-6766-4620-8d42-4272f3a9ad12.png

Sometimes the messages don't load in a mobile app, sometimes they don't load in a desktop app and sometimes - like, right now - they don't load in a browser. I tried for a couple of minutes and after refreshing the web page for the 25th time they have suddenly loaded.

Most of times refreshing does not help. Reinstalling the mobile app does not help. Reinstalling the desktop app does not help. Cleaning the cache does not help. Turning off all the extension like uBlock does not help. I tried different browsers (Chrome, Brave, Firefox). I used different PCs and mobiles. I tried different Wi-Fi connections. The messages just don't work properly for me.

I believe there's something wrong on the server side, because, even if they load it, it usually takes way too long for a bunch of megabytes. Even on a good quality, fast connections I can download 1 GB in a few minutes while the messages (and the whole mobile app in particular) work much slower than other applications.

Messaging is an important part of Upwork. We pay a substantial fee as freelancers. It would be cool to have a reliable messaging system and a fast, smooth mobile app. If there's any way I can help by sending logs or whatever, I'm all yours.

K.

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Kamil,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues with messages. We'll have someone from our team reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members