Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Person that was racist

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 11

Christine A wrote:

Preston H wrote:

The word is used too frequently, and most of the time it is used inappropriately. 

Wow. Do you have any evidence to back up that assertion? And I'm not sure why you feel the need to refer to racism as "the R-word". 

I do agree that the OP shouldn't have used this person's name in a public forum without saying what happened (and I can see that it was promptly removed), but people who are the victims of racism are often - understandably - humiliated by what was said to them and uncomfortable with repeating it. You don't need to add to the problem by suggesting that they be banned from the forum - you're way out of line here.

Totally out of line.

Frankly with all the stuff that is said on the forum, for someone to try and censor that particular word and try to dictate what the user may or may not feel, is sickening and disappointing.

To then go and compound that distasteful behaviour by claiming that the "word is used too frequently, and most of the time it is used inappropriately" makes it worse. It speaks to character.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS