🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Personal PAN to company PAN
Page options
biswasin
Community Member

Personal PAN to company PAN

Hi All.

I work through freelancer account (NOT agency account), but the earning/ withdrawals goes to my company bank account as the company bank account is linked to Upwork. But the issue is that I have provided my personal PAN instead of my company's PAN on Upwork. So now the TDS is now shown on my personal income tax returns instead of the company's ITR. This is wrong as all the income is under my company, as that is where all the earning are going, so the TDS should be for the company only and not on my personal ITR.

My accountant told me to change the PAN to company PAN so that this error can be fixed. However, I would like to know if this can be done and whether this will have any impact on my Upwork profile or anything?

Would appreciate a quick response on this please.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Ritman,

Thanks for reaching out. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
LuiggiR

Hi Ritman,

Thanks for reaching out. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
biswasin
Community Member

Thank you for the help and prompt reply. Much appreciated!

Hey Ritam,

What solution did they provided.. can you let me know please.

Thanks

Hi Ashok. I was able to change to company PAN and have started getting TDS to my company's ITR. They asked for some documents like proof of ownership, etc. The change was done and upwork's representative's were helpful. If you need help in this I suggest you create a ticket and they will reach out to you. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Hi Ritam, Sorry for asking you here. Just a quick info needed. I am an individual working for upwork. Can i update my company details like company name, company PAN and Bank account instead of my individual PAN details? will it be an issue?

phpfriend_elance
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I have the same issue as well for past income. 
Can you create a ticket for me as well?

Thanks.

Hi Alkesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Moderator Annie Jane B - 

I did not get a ticket yet. Can you help me please 

Hi Alkesh,

Thank you for your message. I followed up with the relevant team and they have reached you via support ticket now. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
51d68b17
Community Member

Hi 

I have the same issue. 
Can you create a ticket for me as well?

Thanks.

Hi Parag,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here

~ Arjay
Upwork
rizwankhan957
Community Member

hi, I am independent freelancer and planning to open a pvt. ltd company. I need to know can I use company PAN in individual account and upwork will provide invoices on company name. could you please help

8bae1252
Community Member

Hey ritam B I have a question is your company pvt limited? ( Actually I'm thinking to change my my personal pan to company, my company is Pvt limited with me 95% and 5% with someone else), is it possible? 

Hi Vivekjyoti,

You can add the company PAN details on the Tax Information page. Our team will reach out to you to request additional details before the submission is approved.

- Pradeep

Upwork
78a2eeca
Community Member

Hello Pradeep, request you to please raise one ticket for me.

I started as freelancer on upwork and later on after few months started my own PVT LTD company with GST and PAN, and I would like to update the same on my upwork account. I have couple of questions as to which option is better 1) keeping the individual account as is and creating an agency account which would represent my PVT LTD legal entity/company or 2) conver the current freelance account to PVT LTD account?

Hi Ziyaullah,

Thank you for your question. You have the option to create an agency and work with your team member through your agency account. You can learn more about Agencies here.

If you work as an individual freelancer under your company, you have the option to use your company name and PAN details on the Tax Information page. Feel free to message us if you have further questions. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members