Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalized Profile Overview

kamran-5
Ace Contributor
Kamran Mustafa S Member Since: Mar 23, 2017
1 of 12

Hi Upwork Community !

I want to know about Personlized Profile Overview, one of my friend has got it from  upwork, detailed persolized profile overview (see attached) for further recomendations and necessary changes in profile to win more jobs.

Is it self intiated by upwork for all freelancers ? oe for some special/top rated freelancers ?

How can I get this profile overview for me to make my profile more better ?

Thanks

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 12

lol they are still on that kick over talking about your courses like we're still in college. sheeesh

yeah, you get it with top rated

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
3 of 12

I received one yesterday. It was useless! (Started off by advising me to "Upload a professional-looking photo with a clear, nicely cropped headshot of you framed in the center." Then went on uselessly from there...) (e.g., They suggest I "add full details of [my] degree... official school name..."  I guess that "B.A. from Carleton College" -- and including many honors earned -- isn't specific enough for Upwork's exacting standards.) (Did I say "useless" yet?)

lysis10
Community Guru
4 of 12

yeah mine told me the same. I needed to put more info about my degree. LOL Who ever in the real world asks you about your degree unless you're an intern? lol

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
5 of 12

@ Jennifer -- Do you need a well-centered headshot, also?

(BTW -- Not even sure they looked at my Profile, cuz the info is there. Not sure how else to write it. It says: "Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) | Carleton College [years] [lists four major honors]") (duhhhhh..)

lysis10
Community Guru
6 of 12

They said I needed to change my photo, but I actually have changed it. I got my review in 2015 or early 2016, so I've changed it since then. They told me I need to cut down on my overview too IIRC. 

I didn't take any of their suggestions.  The whole "talk about your college classes" makes it sound like 16 year old high school students are the ones making decisions on profiles. Nobody over the age of 20 thinks this is important.

kamran-5
Ace Contributor
7 of 12

Respected Jennifer.

You are much expereinced and can provide proper giudeline .....so for me, can you please visit my profile and give me some hint to make it better or tell me if is it ok ?

Thanks

corati
Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
8 of 12

hi Kamran, you must have a photo of yourself, not a stock photo

kamran-5
Ace Contributor
9 of 12

its my own real photo, not from stock ! lol

Pic should be perfect, and its perfect of mine , and just because its perfect you think its a stock photo ? 😄

kamran-5
Ace Contributor
10 of 12

But I will more than glad to make chnages if you suggest something else ?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS