🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Petra or somebody help please - Client overpa...
Page options
kbadeau
Community Member

Petra or somebody help please - Client overpaid on purpose but also needs a refund

So I have a client who is very happy with my work. So happy he gave me a nice bonus. But the problem is he gave the second half of his payment with the bonus, rather than paying the second milestone from escrow. So now even though he's paid me more than he owed, he is requesting a refund. Of course I have no problem refunding the money, but it seems to me like Petra has said that giving a refund for any reason will ding my JSS. I know I could then use my top rated perk to suppress his feedback, if that would even help, but I don't want to suppress his feedback, because both private and public feedback should be good, and I'm still trying to get my "clients who would recommend me" number higher.

I can ask support but you guys always seem to know more than they do. Will it hurt me to authorize his refund request? TIA!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Giving a refund has no impact on JSS. The act of giving a refund isn't part of the calculation.

Only if the refund causes the contract to be a zero-pay contract would it be a problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Giving a refund has no impact on JSS. The act of giving a refund isn't part of the calculation.

Only if the refund causes the contract to be a zero-pay contract would it be a problem.

petra_r
Community Member

Kelly B wrote:

it seems to me like Petra has said that giving a refund for any reason will ding my JSS.

I have certainly never, ever, said any such thing. As Preston said, giving a refund has no effect on anything at all. Only "nothing ever paid" contracts do.

Kelly B wrote:

I know I could then use my top rated perk to suppress his feedback, if that would even help, but I don't want to suppress his feedback, because both private and public feedback should be good, and I'm still trying to get my "clients who would recommend me" number higher.

You do understand that using your perk doesn't mean the public feedback is removed unless you specifically request that to be done in addition to removing a contract's impact on the JSS, right?

And that using the perk has no effect on the private feeback percentage? The only thing that affects the "clients who would recommend me" percentage is private feedback from clients. 

kbadeau
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Kelly B wrote:

it seems to me like Petra has said that giving a refund for any reason will ding my JSS.

I have certainly never, ever, said any such thing. As Preston said, giving a refund has no effect on anything at all. Only "nothing ever paid" contracts do.

Kelly B wrote:

I know I could then use my top rated perk to suppress his feedback, if that would even help, but I don't want to suppress his feedback, because both private and public feedback should be good, and I'm still trying to get my "clients who would recommend me" number higher.

You do understand that using your perk doesn't mean the public feedback is removed unless you specifically request that to be done in addition to removing a contract's impact on the JSS, right?

And that using the perk has no effect on the private feeback percentage? The only thing that affects the "clients who would recommend me" percentage is private feedback from clients. 

No, obviously I don't understand that, and in my defense, the reason I don't understand it is because the entire JSS system seems to have been written in hieroglyphs, or some other language I don't speak.

It's not much of a "perk" then, is it? Since you and others have pointed out repeatedly that the public feedback is essentially meaningless?

Thanks y'all!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths