🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Phishing Attempt
Page options
rockymountainva
Community Member

Phishing Attempt

I was invited to a Hangouts interview for this job post today:  

**edited for Community Guidelines**

When I was asked for my banking info I ended the conversation.  There is no way to flag it - I assume because the post says the job is closed but the scammer is still "interviewing".  What can be done to stop this person and remove the job posting?

I'm new to Upwork and thought there were protections in place to prevent things like this from happening.  I now know and I've learned my lesson.

2 REPLIES 2
mtngigi
Community Member

Julie R wrote:

I was invited to a Hangouts interview for this job post today:  

**edited for Community Guidelines**

When I was asked for my banking info I ended the conversation.  There is no way to flag it - I assume because the post says the job is closed but the scammer is still "interviewing".  What can be done to stop this person and remove the job posting?

I'm new to Upwork and thought there were protections in place to prevent things like this from happening.  I now know and I've learned my lesson.

It doesn't matter if this person is stopped ... there are plenty more scammers waiting in line. They target new profiles because most people don't take the time to learn how to work safely and avoid scams - take the time to read all available resources Upwork provides - that is how to protect yourself. New profiles do not get legitimate job invites (for the most part).

Questionable Jobs:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Tips-to-Avoid-Questionable-Jobs/td-p/240833

Julie... google hangouts interview invite... just a scam

if there is no way to flag it, then the job has already been taken down.

Upwork is on it. Your job is done. Continue to be vigilant.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members