🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Phone Number Already in Use
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rakesh.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jlcarver
Community Member

I am having a problem not being able to verify my cell number bc they said it’s using in another account and I am not aware of a different account
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7dd4fbd6
Community Member

Can you help me as well?  It says my telephone number is connected to another account.  I have finished everything, but it won't take my phone number.  Obviously, months ago, I thought I would do this, but it wanted me to have a business name for my email. So I did not go any further.  Today, I fixed the business name email, and started from scratch because I knew I didn't complete the application the first time.  Can you please get customer service to help clear this up for me?  - Thank you very much, Susan**Edited for community guidelines**and my email is: **Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Brittani and Susan,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ce99fc13
Community Member

im also having this issue can someone please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Natalie,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I need help aswell, my phone number is being used by someone else and I can't go forward with making my account 😞

Hi Alejandro,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
lstorie07
Community Member

When I try to set up an account it says phone number is associated to an existing account. How do I find out which account?

Hi Lisa,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
793cd6c5
Community Member

When I go to create an account it claims my number has already been used. Can you please help assist.

Thank you,
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tanisha.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
313bfe1a
Community Member

Hi, 

I am having this same issue where I cannot verify my phone  number because it says its already in use but I have never completed an account before so I don't know why. 

Hi Nathan,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b58b1070
Community Member

I too am having the same Issue, I cannot finish my account until it is resolved.

Hi Josh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e1d317e9
Community Member

Hello, 

I am having the same issue to when I have never made an account here before.

Hi Jay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4a419c7e
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I don't remember creating another account, and I would like to close whichever account is using the number as I have never actually completed a job through Upwork before

Hi Jay,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you with assistance on how to proceed with your phone verification. You can check here or your email for updates. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am having the same issue, account thinks my phone is in use but I do not believe I've created any other account. 

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hey guys, I recently signed up for UpWork about a month ago, but now it seems I am logged out and cannot remember what information I used (already tried all my emails I currently use and none of them worked)

I set up a new acocut using my gmail account, but now i cannot verify my phone number on my new account now due to it being tied to the old one.

Can anyone direct me towards a solution?

Thanks!

Blake 

Hi Blake,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I also have an old account that is no longer in use. Please advise.

Hi Megan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having the same issue myself. Can this be addressed with my account? 

I'm trying to add the security, but the system states my phone number was already in use.

Hi Erick, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

It would appear that I am also having this issue, and I can't seem to figure out which email I set up the previous account with. Any help in this regard would be appreciated!

- AJ 

Hi Aj,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am havving the same issue.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Brandon.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I'm having the same issue as above. I vaguely recall creating a profile here years ago but I've tried all of my old email addresses and none of them have been registered through the site. I would like help to either switch my information to this account or to get help accessing the old account.

Thank you

Hi Erin,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Same issue here. Assistance needed. Thank you.

Lisa

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I just created an account, but it does not let me complete my set up because it’s saying that my phone number is already have an account and it does not let me to put my number in. Please help me!🙏

Hi Ekaterina,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks! I will wait
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths